Thread: Wilson Combat event in town today

Wilson Combat event in town today

A gun store in Charlotte (Carolina Sporting Arms) is hosting a WC event today 15 minutes from my home in Fort Mill, S.C. I dropped by there just to see what they had. They have a table full of many WC 1911s. You just buy ammo and can shoot all you want for free on range. I hope to get back after family stuff today and do that. I handled a few pistols since I don't own a 1911. I can't keep the models straight but the triggers on some of these 1911s are as light and clean breaking as my $200 Timney Elite on my Remington 700, 5R (300 mag) set at 2#. Probably an exaggeration but hard to believe. I am a Beretta 92 fan (D spring) and like it very much. This exposure today peaks my interest however. Amazing!

That's cool. Great way to expose people to their brand who might not otherwise get to fondle and shoot any of their products. The trigger on both of my Wilson's came in at 3.75lbs right out of the box. After considerable use, it's not uncommon for triggers to lighten up 1/4 to 1/2 pound. And considering they're all range demo guns, Wilson might have made them even lighter just to make an impression.

Enjoy! I'd love to take the EDC X9 for a spin.

clever way to get some endurance testing done on some test mules.

User Tag List