Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting a MOLLE pouch on top of an M4 FastMag pouch.

Mounting a MOLLE pouch on top of an M4 FastMag pouch.

For planned arrests and/or search warrants I have M4 mags on a plate carrier. For surveillance ops a plate carrier doesn't work, and I need to put as much as possible on a "battle belt." With all the crap we must have to be in policy, I'm running out of room on my waist, and I'd rather not just fatten up to create more real estate.

If I could mount my cuff case on top of my M4 FastMag, that would free up tons of room. The problem is The FastMag has slots for mounting additional FastMags on top of each other, but they are too thin for the regular MOLLE straps on my cuff pouch.

I know other mag pouches are made with regular MOLLE straps, but I use the FastMag as I mount it with the opening down, and that's the only setup I've found that is secure with that setup. As a "cross-dominant" shooter, I shoot pistols righty, and long guns lefty, so that setup works best in transitioning from pistol to rifle.

Any ideas on how I could securely rig my cuff pouch there?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What cuff case?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Blue Force Gear 10 speed cuff pouch with the Helium Whisper attachment thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What cuff case?
    Any that will work, as long as it's black. Preferably for two pairs of metal cuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Any that will work, as long as it's black. Preferably for two pairs of metal cuffs.
    I don't have a fastmag on hand to check the fit, but the helium whisper BFG case recommended above uses material that is significantly less bulky than a traditional molle pouch. I don't see the fit being an issue. It will accommodate two sets of cuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not trying to throw you too far off topic, but how are double stacked pouches on a battle belt working for surveillance but a plate carrier doesn't? Battle belts are hilariously bulky for surveillance.

Have you checked into the low visibility options so that you can put gear high up in the cummerbund of a concealed PC?

Just trying to hash this out, not argue with you.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Whoops.
    Last edited by DMF13; 07-22-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Somehow screwed up and created a double post when editing typos.

Thanks, I'm looking for what you're describing but only found this: https://www.blueforcegear.com/cuff-belt-pouch

That is a Helium Whisper attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Im not trying to throw you too far off topic, but how are double stacked pouches on a battle belt working for surveillance but a plate carrier doesn't? Battle belts are hilariously bulky for surveillance.

Have you checked into the low visibility options so that you can put gear high up in the cummerbund of a concealed PC?

Just trying to hash this out, not argue with you.
    Yes, the battle belt is bulky, but it's really the only way to gear up quickly, and keep everything low, so it's not obvious that a cop is sitting in the car geared up.

Also, we've got some weird policies on gear. We must use the issued soft body armor, panels and carrier for ops. Plates and carrier are optional, but if used you must use the issued one's. While too bulky, and obvious for anything other than a planned arrests/entry, they do have MOLLE.

The Soft carriers are fine, as it's black, and coupled with a black shirt, in a car with tinted windows, it's not obvious you're a cop in body armor. However, there's no MOLLE attachments at all so there's no low MOLLE to keep stuff out of sight.

We are free to use almost any other gear, battle belts, pouches, etc, to carry all the other stuff we are required to have on ops. Some of the issued gear is decent, but some downright sucks. So I get lots of my own gear, I usually volunteer to be the guy who is designated for hands on/TASER (not enough TASERS for everyone to have one), and therefore on surveillance ops I'm usually not taking a rifle, but I'd like to have a spot for a spare mag when I do, hence the purchase of the FastMag.

All of this is complicated by having a small waist, and shooting the pistol with my dominant hand, and rifle with the weak hand.
    Last edited by DMF13; 07-22-2017 at 12:27 PM.

A picture of your current set up might help. Have you considered using one of the behind the double pistol mag pouch rifles mag holders from center mass inc?

http://centermassinc.com/patrol-rifl...magazine-pouch

Or how about getting a couple of pistol FAST mag pouches to go on the rifle one? They should fit.
    Last edited by Lon; 07-22-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List