Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MI Judge Tells Marine to Choose Between 2A Rights And Fostering Grandson

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Shouldnt this judge face some sort of consequence as well as the people that put these policies in place. Perhaps a re-education camp or something? Loose a license? Disbarred. I mean what the heck if there are no punishments what is to keep people from acting in such a manner?
    There should be a fund set up who's whole purpose is to sue the shit out of people like this.
    Well, are judges in MI appointed or elected ?

Either way political pressure could be brought to bear. MI is generally a 2A friendly state.

I'm also curious how they learned the plaintiff had a CPL and the circumstances of him bring physically searched.

Just wow I really hope that the state of Michigan gets slapped hard for this one, totally unbelievable "You will have to give up some of your constitutional rights".

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    I've heard of this being an issue but this was the first lawsuit I was aware of.

Also the fact that the child in question in the MI case is a blood relative makes this particularly egregious.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-21-2017 at 09:38 PM.

Fostering children and/or adopting children for legal gun-owners are particularly sticky situations in many states. I applaud SAF for taking on this case, it is truly heinous that one must give up constitutional rights, to foster or adopt a child. But one can (if possible) breed out a few dozen without a single iota of fuck given by the state. It is, in my opinion, an effort by the state to not only deliberately limit citizens rights, but also a deliberate attempt to maintain control of foster-car and adoption for monetary and political purposes (afterall if you start letting the kids get adopted by anyone, you can't get more money.). Using children for this type of gain is the height of despicable.

As an aside, when we first moved to Chicago my wife and I considered applying to be foster parents (neither of us have ever felt compelled to have biological children, foster children and children up for adoption need love and support, too). But it only took a day for us to find out we cannot be granted a foster license in IL, because I have a CHL in TX. This made it all the easier to decide ultimately, to not become residents of IL, because it meant I would have to surrender my rights in addition to the financial burden of gaining residency. I don't have the time or will to fight it, here, because I don't intend to live in Illinois forever. So, moving on.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 07-21-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    Actually it's an outrage. There is no way the stance can be justified.

Flagrantly illegal, and a demonstration of much of what is wrong with the modern nanny state.

All that these social workers and judge know about guns is what they were told in classes/the media, and almost all of that is demonstrably false.

Next they will be saying that voting for someone they don't like disqualifies you as well because that person "threatens children."

Meanwhile, they are all too happy to take a kid who needs family and dump him into the system because they can't be blamed for that.

We need to downsize the nanny state ASAP because it is becoming the enemy of ordinary Americans.

User Tag List