Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning up the Gen4 Glock Trigger

If reliability is important, take a quantity of new OEM spare trigger with trigger bars, connectors, firing pin safeties, and firing pins, swapping each until you find the best combo, then let them wear (polish) into each other from there. It doesn't take many of each to find a good combination. Polish at your peril, and all bets are off in the aftermarket. Especially if you introduce new, single components into a system with some wear. Glock fire control component interaction is a little quirkier than most realize. It's not rocket science, but sure as heck not the legos many treat it as.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I polish mine with more ammo and haven't had an issue with a stock Glock trigger since I bought my first in 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    I polish mine with more ammo and haven't had an issue with a stock Glock trigger since I bought my first in 1989.
    Ditto. (Don't tell anyone.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A consideration, is there seems to be significant variability in individual Glock triggers, even within same model/generation, and close manufacture date. So, putting in X, Y and Z, is not a guarantee of getting the same trigger feel.

I personally, will not use a non Glock OEM connector in a carry Glock. I think TLG learned that lesson with after market connectors during his G17 test.
    Would you mind sharing what TLG found? Just a quick summary if ya get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Would you mind sharing what TLG found? Just a quick summary if ya get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We had a discussion where I reported Jeff Wilson from GlockTriggers.com, said gaming is different, but for carry he would only use an OEM connector. Jeff obviously knows a bit about Glock triggers. Not a week or two later (don't hold me to the day as it has been a while), TLG broke his Lone Wolf connector, which he had liked because it had roll in it. Todd replaced the LW with OEM.

Years later, when he went to a 19, he may have done something different.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    And with a Glock made in 1989 I'm sure that's literally all they needed. My Gen2 G17 requires no tweaking to its trigger as I like it just fine. I can tell you that the Gen4 trigger bar is a noticeably different feel and it wasn't a change for the better IMHO.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    And with a Glock made in 1989 I'm sure that's literally all they needed. My Gen2 G17 requires no tweaking to its trigger as I like it just fine. I can tell you that the Gen4 trigger bar is a noticeably different feel and it wasn't a change for the better IMHO.

I haven't shot it a ton but my Gen4 G17 is the best shooting Glock I've ever owned or fired. If there's an issue with the trigger I'm either oblivious or too ignorant to have noticed. I guess ignorance really is bliss (sometimes).

(My others are Gen 2 (now 3) and 2.5)
    Last edited by blues; 07-25-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I haven't shot it a ton but my Gen4 G17 is the best shooting Glock I've ever owned or fired. If there's an issue with the trigger I'm either oblivious or too ignorant to have noticed. I guess ignorance really is bliss (sometimes).

(My others are Gen 2 (now 3) and 2.5)
    There's also a chance that mine just sucks that hard. Or that I'm far too easily distracted/annoyed by weird or off feeling things.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post

I have gen 3 and 4 glocks. 89 was just my first one. It's long gone. My gen 4 g26 is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We had a discussion where I reported Jeff Wilson from GlockTriggers.com, said gaming is different, but for carry he would only use an OEM connector. Jeff obviously knows a bit about Glock triggers. Not a week or two later (don't hold me to the day as it has been a while), TLG broke his Lone Wolf connector, which he had liked because it had roll in it. Todd replaced the LW with OEM.

Years later, when he went to a 19, he may have done something different.
    I didn't mean to imply that I had talked to Todd personally about this. This is the blog post that I read that got me to move in this direction.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/9504
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List