Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning up the Gen4 Glock Trigger

Here's a recipe I borrowed from Todd. Gen 3 trigger bar, Taran tactical connector, reduced power safety plunger spring, stock everything else. I polished the safety plunger but I don't think it needed it.

Nice clean take up, rolling break, stock reset. I hate Glock triggers and this is the best setup I have found. I also like it because it was a pretty inexpensive setup.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Here's a recipe I borrowed from Todd. Gen 3 trigger bar, Taran tactical connector, reduced power safety plunger spring, stock everything else. I polished the safety plunger but I don't think it needed it.

Nice clean take up, rolling break, stock reset. I hate Glock triggers and this is the best setup I have found. I also like it because it was a pretty inexpensive setup.
    Haven't tried a reduced power safety plunger spring, but yeah, everything else sounds good. The real star of the show seems to be the Gen3 trigger bar. Heading to the range today to see what I can do with it. Dry practicing with the new setup and a light polish has felt substantially better.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Haven't tried a reduced power safety plunger spring, but yeah, everything else sounds good. The real star of the show seems to be the Gen3 trigger bar. Heading to the range today to see what I can do with it. Dry practicing with the new setup and a light polish has felt substantially better.

The gen 3 trigger bar is all I've needed to really be happy with my Gen 4 Glock triggers.

I agree with that. I've avoided polishing trigger bars though. Occasionally they will have a bur on the part that lifts the plunger (forget the correct name). Cleaning that up seems to help.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I agree with that. I've avoided polishing trigger bars though. Occasionally they will have a bur on the part that lifts the plunger (forget the correct name). Cleaning that up seems to help.
    The light polishing I did was just that. Light. There's still some grit in the action between the parts, but that'll smooth out over time. The polishing just helps take the edge off.

A consideration, is there seems to be significant variability in individual Glock triggers, even within same model/generation, and close manufacture date. So, putting in X, Y and Z, is not a guarantee of getting the same trigger feel.

I personally, will not use a non Glock OEM connector in a carry Glock. I think TLG learned that lesson with after market connectors during his G17 test.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A consideration, is there seems to be significant variability in individual Glock triggers, even within same model/generation, and close manufacture date. So, putting in X, Y and Z, is not a guarantee of getting the same trigger feel.

I personally, will not use a non Glock OEM connector in a carry Glock. I think TLG learned that lesson with after market connectors during his G17 test.
    Agreed. Once you start moving away from the OEM internals that seems to be when things start going bonkers.

Glocks are starting to go down the path of 1911s now. You can literally build the inside of a Glock with almost 0 OEM components today. Some of those same companies are now making aftermarket slides and there are now completed and 80% lowers. I'm hoping the overall trend doesn't stray too far from being completely unfunctional, but who knows these days.

I just go the "-" connector route myself in the Gen 4 guns....and the Gen 3 for that matter too.....

I'm very hesitant to put anything non OEM into a gun I am carrying for serious purposes. In my experience there seems to be an inverse relationship between reliability and the number of aftermarket parts inside the gun.... And while they CAN be made to work, they generally have to be MADE to work, and I just don't have the time or patience for that. For me reliability is the most important thing. I'd much rather it shoot a 6" group at 25 yards and go BANG every time than it to shoot a 2" group and go BANG most of the time. But others' mileage may vary...
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 07-25-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Glocks are starting to go down the path of 1911s now.
    Any popular firearm in the US ends up going that road, witness the AR.
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 07-25-2017 at 04:48 PM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Any popular firearm in the US ends up going that road, witness the AR.
    I didn't even know I had an issue with my Glocks until I found this place.

Thanks for nothin', Tom!

(Well, I gotta admit, I do like the Gadget but even so I still slept well at night before a fateful wind blew me into this particular shore.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List