Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleaning up the Gen4 Glock Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I leave mine with their original, er, character...I've learned over the past few decades not to be put off by the vagaries of Glock triggers...including the NY triggers. (I know that this is not the popular view hereabouts but it is what it is.)
    There's definitely some wisdom in there. However it seems pretty crazy that I can have two pistols with radically different trigger characteristics that fundamentally operate the same. Maybe I am just making a big deal out of nothing (again), but I just can't shake this feeling that I'm somehow fighting the hardware in my struggle to get better.

My two Gen 4s have very similar triggers. They have a very noticeable and abrupt wall. I would prefer a rolling break also but I'm hopeful with more rounds they will continue to smooth out.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    My two Gen 4s have very similar triggers. They have a very noticeable and abrupt wall. I would prefer a rolling break also but I'm hopeful with more rounds they will continue to smooth out.
    I'm just shy of 5,000 rounds with mine. It's smoother, but the wall is still noticeable and abrupt. YMMV.

Bunch of people I know, go minus OEM connector, Wolf 5.0 striker spring and call it good.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I'm just shy of 5,000 rounds with mine. It's smoother, but the wall is still noticeable and abrupt. YMMV.
    Sounds about mine... I really like rolling breaks... damnit.

The OEM minus connector reduces the wall some in my experience.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Lol, this sounds like "Glock parts are cheap....until you start buying multiples of all of them just to find some that don't suck...."

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    That's a misinterpretation. I've only had problems with 1 connector and it was in a gun I bought used that had other aftermarket parts - highly likely it was tampered with by the original owner.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bunch of people I know, go minus OEM connector, Wolf 5.0 striker spring and call it good.
    Did Glock change the striker spring weight in the Gen4s?

One reason I buy G19Gen3s is trigger feel preference. I wear 2XL gloves, so changing out the backstrap on a Gen4 is no advantage for me. I do like the mag release button on the Gen4 but thats an easy thing to change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    One reason I buy G19Gen3s is trigger feel preference. I wear 2XL gloves, so changing out the backstrap on a Gen4 is no advantage for me. I do like the mag release button on the Gen4 but thats an easy thing to change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I generally wear a medium sized glove, occasionally a large sized glove. Usually have room at the fingertips. I can run a Gen3 if needed, but I find I have an easier time running a Gen4 with no backstrap.

User Tag List