Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cleaning up the Gen4 Glock Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Would you mind sharing what TLG found? Just a quick summary if ya get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is what he's talking about: http://pistol-training.com/archives/6459

Take note of where it snapped. Now think of all the other connectors with fancy shapes, speed holes, debris channels, etc...

FWIW, I never did like the LWD "minus" connectors. I tried a couple, and ended up tossing them back in the parts bin, or giving them away. OEM Glock for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Here's a recipe I borrowed from Todd. Gen 3 trigger bar, Taran tactical connector, reduced power safety plunger spring, stock everything else. I polished the safety plunger but I don't think it needed it.

Nice clean take up, rolling break, stock reset. I hate Glock triggers and this is the best setup I have found. I also like it because it was a pretty inexpensive setup.
    this is exactly what I did to mine and that gun has the best trigger out of all of my glocks it's a great set up.
    Rick
    Last edited by Paladin; 07-25-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    I have gen 3 and 4 glocks. 89 was just my first one. It's long gone. My gen 4 g26 is one of my favorites.
    Then I'm probably either unlucky or I'm crazy. Either way, the trigger press that I have in my G19Gen4 now is, IMHO, a vast improvement.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Enjoyed reading this thread. I keep it relatively simple, all my glocks(gen 4) have the apex flat trigger that includes the gen 3 trigger bar and the oem minus connector. Is it the smoothest lightest trigger? No, but for me it keeps the similar take up but smoother and the break isn't bad at all. Comes in consistently just at high 4/5lb pull. It gives me the "tactile" or comfortable feel that I know exactly when the break is and it's pretty smooth in general. This is exactly what I want for my edc glocks. I've notice the minus connector softens the break to be just right the way I like it. All components are polished. It's kind of the middle of the road between a competition very smooth and the typical out of the box glock trigger.

I have a Taran GM trigger kit incoming, excited to giving it a try

Looks like I missed the meat of the OE minus connector talk - I want to add that Overwatch Precision sells it all NP3 coated and with a Gen 3 trigger bar it's niiiiice.

I've been using the TTI connector with their striker and plunger springs since fall '13. About 5# with a rolling break.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is the Taran connector in the GM kit the same as the connector they sell separately?

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Is the Taran connector in the GM kit the same as the connector they sell separately?

As far as I know yes. It also comes with different striker and trigger return springs. In my opinion different springs are not needed.

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I noticed a lot of the drop in trigger kits come with an aluminum polished trigger housing pin. What does this actually do? Its not a moving part so how does it help the trigger feel, pull or reset? Thoughts?

User Tag List