Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "FAST" sight concept from Graham Combat

The "FAST" sight concept from Graham Combat

https://youtube.com/watch?v=o5FK9uLQ...ature=youtu.be

This one is going to be controversial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    This one is going to be controversial.
    It's rather binary.... They work and produce results or they don't.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Reminds me of this: http://www.tas-sights.com/web/8888/n...sight%20system. It looks basically the same just mounted in the rear of the pistol vs the front.
    Last edited by Mike C; 07-20-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Caracal has been using "Quick-sights" on their pistols for a decade (between recalls). In 2013 I ran a Caracal C in two combat pistol courses. Sight acquisition was much quicker than most traditional sights and accuracy was adequate out to 20 yards. I think this sight concept deserves to be more popular than it is.
    Name:  Caracal-9c-with-quick-sights.jpg
Views: 3450
Size:  67.0 KB

The "FAST" sight concept from Graham Combat

The caracal quick sight works very well for fast shooting in a scoring zone. For precision, not as much. I'd never consider retrofitting a Glock to use it...

Last edited by Sigfan26; 07-20-2017 at 09:05 PM.

FAST sight from Graham Combat

Just got a text from my friend Matt Graham with a link to the launch vid; he's been working on these sights for a while. Give 'em an open minded look–I've seen one round of beta testing stats on average shooter speed/accuracy improvement from his testing, and he might be on to something. I'll be giving these a try on my Glock to see for myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FK...ature=youtu.be

"We're proud to introduce to you the Graham Combat FAST™, a single focal band mechanical sight. We have been developing and refining FAST™ technology for over two years, and in the process have discovered some pretty cool new science: focal bands. We uncovered - and have since defined - focal banding as a series of focal planes that, when combined, are physiologically perceived to be in focus. The patent-pending FAST™ is the first mechanical sight that utilizes the unique geometry of focal banding. Focal band sighting technology exponentially increases speed and accuracy. The Graham Combat FAST™ sight is the mechanical equivalent of a holosight or heads-up display with the benefit of no batteries, no glass, no failure. Just FAST™.'

And before Caracal put the sights on the front. Paris Theodor put the sights on the rear and called them "Guttersnipe sights". And I bet someone else did it before that...

I've shot some Guttersnipes before. They are interesting and they kind of work, in the sense that there is kind of a vagueness to them when you push the gun out that settles quickly. They also ain't for nothing when shooting beyond conversational distances, a little misalignment = a big miss. And all that said, I bet most people are best served by a square or u-shaped rear notch, and a square or dot front sight. And on close distance working guns, by a set of Crimson Trace grips to act like a big glowing red front sight.

I do think folks have some vision-brain plasticity that makes certain colors/patterns more apparent. So, I recommend folks play around a bit. I know some people hate 3-dots and others hate bar-dots, and others just hate dots. For my brain, bar-dot and u-shape-single dot make the most sense and tend to be the fastest for me.

The more I shoot the less relevant types of sights become beyond obvious things like "this shit is way too large/small/cluttered". I feel like the next big thing is going to be some goofy ass floaty magic red dots ala Titanfall, not different takes on the little metal nubs we've been using since mutton chops were in style.

Bad example:
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 3224
Size:  32.4 KB
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Respectfully it seems like if this was/is the greatest thing since sliced bread it would have already been figured out. Which leads me to believe it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    How does it attach to the slide?
    I was wondering that too.

User Tag List