Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Juice is loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Other than the fact that he murdered two people? Gee... don't guess I can think of anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    News flash! OJ Simpson found not guilty!
    And by being found not guilty he is...not guilty. Whether he actually did it or not, he was found not guilty of this crime and CANNOT be punished for it. That's the linchpin of due process...the part where you have a trial by jury and if found not guilty you're not guilty and if found guilty you are guilty.

Flip it around, George Zimmerman was found not guilty or murder/manslaughter, and he definitively shot Trayvon Martin to death. We've got a whole multi-hundred page thread about how people are still trying to punish him for a crime he was found not guilty of and how it sickens many of us, because he's not guilty of murder or manslaughter.

Due Process.

It's the ONLY thing separating us from the animals.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 07-20-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Flip it around, George Zimmerman was found not guilty or murder/manslaughter, and he definitively shot Trayvon Martin to death.
    You're drawing parallels between a man who shot a vicious attacker in self-defense and a man who viciously murdered two people?

Try harder, Rob.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    News flash! OJ Simpson found not guilty!

OTOH, people hounding him for it just might drive him over the edge, so I guess this might be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

EDIT: Maybe he can elected to the Senate from Massachusetts.
    He was found legally not guilty but in all likelihood he was factually guilty.

I watched the hearing. I would've bet a paycheck he was getting paroled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    You're drawing parallels between a man who shot a vicious attacker in self-defense and a man who viciously murdered two people?

Try harder, Rob.
    I'm drawing parallels between two men who were found not guilty of murder. Two different sets of circumstances surrounding those homicides? You bet.

But the end result is the same. Not guilty is not guilty.

How's the trust level on justice for "special cases" (privileged with fame, money, political influence, relatives/friends in the right places, etc.) in the USA?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    How's the trust level on justice for "special cases" (privileged with fame, money, political influence, relatives/friends in the right places, etc.) in the USA?
    Evidently, we're cool with it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Anyone who thinks OJ is a good dude is extremely racist and/or morally corrupt.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I am reminded that we have a legal system, not a justice system. He had enough money and fame to go free (well, for 50% of his major crime events).

Rob isn't wrong, but it doesn't mean he's any less deserving of rotting in a stinking hole for being a dangerous career shitbag. Society is less safe with him around.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    And by being found not guilty he is...not guilty.
    Are you saying he's automatically given a clean slate as far as we the member of the general public?

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    It depends. How special you are, what counsel you retain, how public the offense and details are, who you know/where you can put pressure, the jury, etc. Hillary, "affluenza", Lindsay Lohan, Bill Cosby, etc.

OJ's criminal trial was a clusterfrack. The following civil case was very telling.

Doesn't help that most people here put as much thought into local judicial elections as they do meal planning for the week.

User Tag List