Thread: HK223

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Wake me up when the 233 or the 337 is available commercially in the US.

When they said: "The HK233 is a modular and compact assault rifle in cal. 5.56 mm x 45 NATO with increased performance on the basis of the worldwide proven G36."

I wonder what they meant.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    When they said: "The HK233 is a modular and compact assault rifle in cal. 5.56 mm x 45 NATO with increased performance on the basis of the worldwide proven G36."

They probably don't come with EOTechs...

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Speculation from HKPro:
    Quote Originally Posted by baljar
    These weapons feature a new HK Patent that aims at alleviating the issue of the G36.

The main issue of the G36 is that the barrel is mounted into its sleeve/bracket that resides inside the housing, the optic (rail) is mounted to the housing of the rifle. Hence any heat induced warping will move the aiming optics off the actual zero. The new rifles will feature a system that attaches the optics and rails to the barrel sleeve and not the barrel housing.

This shows some of the relevant patent drawings:

You will find the actual patent here:
    https://encrypted.google.com/patents...013803A1?cl=en
    Source: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-g...ml#post2776041
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 07-20-2017 at 09:01 AM.

"Holds a zero"
    #RESIST

Sounds like the last attempt to milk some dollars out of the G36 assembly line now that the Bundeswehr has declared their intent to adopt something else (perhaps the HK 433?). This announcement is yesterday's technology tomorrow.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    "Holds a zero"
    This quote stems directly from Uncle Pat Rogers' experience being hired to transition the Capital Police over from HKs that wouldn't hold a zero to Rock River ARs that were a vast improvement in apparently every way.
    #RESIST

I'd be happy if HK would just give me a chrome lined medium profiled 16" barrel MR556 with an adjustable gas block and 12-13" MLOK or Keymod handguard...but that will never happen
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List