Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 38,000 rounds through 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    This thread prompted me to put some rounds through the Series 70...darn thing wants to shoot like a Gold Cup, with impeccable reliability. Yeah, the edges and hammer are a bit sharp, but it's a great 1911. And the hammer sharpness Ill inexpensively address simply by getting a holster that suitably shields my side from the hammer spur.

Best, Jon
    Jon, I have to ask. Have you taken a mallet to that Series 70?

Last edited by StraitR; 07-25-2017 at 08:02 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Heathen! Prepare to be malletized thyself! Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Jon, I have to ask. Have you taken a mallet to that Series 70?

It's S80s that ship with a mallet in the box, not the S70. I thought everyone knew that.

1911s have occasionally been used as CQB mallets themselves, an attribute not likely to be ascribed to most polymer-framed pistols....

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 07-26-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    1911s have occasionally been used as CQB mallets themselves, an attribute not likely to be ascribed to most polymer-framed pistols....

Best, Jon
    Very true Jon, although some might not care to agree.

Last edited by StraitR; 07-26-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    1911 problems across the board, in a nutshell. While the design is completely sound, it'd be the the same situation if you had every true expert and true retard manufacturer on the planet building their version of a Glock 17.
    I believe this is already reality to a certain degree...

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I've got a G19 MOS that I bought new earlier this year that's not exactly giving me the warm and fuzzies with its extraction/ejection pattern. So far they are all getting out and not stovepiping, but time will tell. I've had cases eject left, right, straight back and forward so far with this gun. Contrast that with the Beretta APX I've been running, where I'm pretty sure a properly placed 5 gallon bucket could catch 85% of the brass or so. Whatever is going on with the Glock design the last few years, I don't think its all the way ironed out.
    Well, I believe this issue (which I've had personally on my only two Glock's I've owned, which got sold years back) is attributed to both changing over to MIM extractor without a redesign (like Sig). I had the exact same problem with both my old G17 (Gen 3 & Gen 4), it was annoying to say the least... sent them both in and both were sent back saying 'tested, within spec' with the same problem despite them upgrading the ejector on the Gen 4 and putting another extractor in the Gen 3. Both of them still did BTF, but it may have been impoved a bit after they 'fixed' them.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 07-30-2017 at 08:22 AM.

User Tag List