Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Leatham on competition vs tactical shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Am I wrong about this? Does IDPA or other shooting sports provide a facility like this? Or a I missing the opportunity to use the existing USPSA Stage "Safe Areas" because I don't understand the rules?
    Just wanted to say thanks to @GJM for pointing out in another thread the existing USPSA rules (Feb 2014 Edition), paragraph 2.5, that covers this situation:

Unloading/Loading Station
    If it is possible that some competitors arriving at a range where a USPSA match is being held may be in possession of a loaded firearm on their person (e.g. law enforcement officers, persons duly authorized to carry a loaded firearm, etc.), match organizers should provide an Unloading/Loading Station to enable such competitors to safely unload their firearms prior to entering the range, and to safely load their firearms again on departure from the range. The Unloading/Loading Station should be conveniently located outside the entrance to the range (or outside the portion of the range allocated to the USPSA match), it should be clearly sign-marked and it must include a suitable impact zone.

Where no Unloading/Loading station is provided, a competitor who arrives at a match in possession of a loaded firearm and proceeds immediately to a match official for the express purpose of safely unloading the firearm shall not be subject to disqualification per the provisions of Rule 10.5.13.

https://www.uspsa.org/document_libra...un%20Rules.pdf

If I parse this like the retired Systems Engineer that I am, the use of the word should as opposed to shall in 2.5.1 expresses an intent but is not a Requirement. Which may explain why a marked Unloading/Station complete with suitable impact zone is not seen too regularly.

Or people shooting USPSA don't CCW.
    Last edited by RJ; 07-27-2017 at 01:21 PM.

USPSA coordinators typically completely ignore putting up a hot table, which is freaking annoying. Like everyone else on the planet I just take my CCW off in the truck in the parking lot.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Kidding aside, Gabe and I are using "technical timmie," to describe timmies that also game hard.
    Stolen.

Kidding aside, Gabe and I are using "technical timmie," to describe timmies that also game hard.
    I resemble that remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    I resemble that remark.
    You are that remark.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    You are that remark.....
    That's a compliment coming from you!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sound like they are dating.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It's okay to be jealous

Or spend too much time together on Snapchat.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Or spend too much time together on Snapchat.
    So last week.

User Tag List