Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have owner manual for a

Anyone have owner manual for a

FN High Power DAC model?

One of my favorite young ADAs is a young mommy and managed to get couple packets of sweet & sour sauce into her pistol in the bottom of her bag.

Uncle Dan is the gun resource for all our cop-friendly judicial folk.

Only manual I can find online are for SA BHPs.

If they basically field-strip the same I can probably safely to get most of the hardened goo. The one piece grip is giving me the fantods just looking at it...

Lemme know, please.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

**Sorry, just read you already have the SA manual.

This will probably be close enough

http://www.browning.com/content/dam/...r%20OM_WEB.pdf
    Last edited by Coal Train; 07-19-2017 at 11:45 AM.

I had never heard of thisgun, myself, so I dug around and found an old chuckhawks review—which had this:

Unlike most of the modern pistols that use the SIG-Sauer style barrel with integral rectangular breechblock, the DA-C uses the older annular dual locking lugs that engage grooves in the slide. This makes the slide and thus the entire pistol much more slender and easy to carry, compared to the newer designs, thus preserving one of the great attributes of the earlier P-35.

Stripping the pistol is more difficult than some, easier than others. Drop the magazine, clear the chamber and retract the slide approximately 1/8”. Push the slide stop pin on the right side of the frame to the left and remove the slide stop. Push the slide off to the front, remove the plastic spring guide (which no longer uses the asymmetric slot of the P35) and spring, and pull the barrel straight down and back. The pistol is now ready for cleaning. Reassemble in reverse order, taking care to push the slide stop into that barrel underlug place where it has the semi-circular seat for the part.

FWIW. Cool old gun.

No info, just a kudos to you, Uncle Dan. My mother is a newer prosecutor in a rural county and this story warms my heart. Their agency recently wised up and armed up. They need all the help they can get.

That's a tough one. Steves pages doesn't have it. I also checked the "look inside" function on Amazon of the Gun Digest assembly/disassembly books and they don't seem to have it in there. Can't tell you where to find it, but I can tell you a couple places to not bother looking.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Thanks to all who responded. This community of gunslingers is a great blessing. I'll be able to muddle through a pretty thorough cleaning with a field strip.

But if anybody gots an armorer's manual, lemme know.

I tried to talk her into a more modern pistol back in '06 when she was an apt intern on my first cold case prosecution. Nope, her Daddy got it for her!
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Vending Machine Operator
    Good on ya. I just finally convinced a former prosecutor coworker to get her first gun and am taking her shooting next weekend.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016
    Do you realize that the carbonation is actually carbon dioxide, not oxygen?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Do you realize that the carbonation is actually carbon dioxide, not oxygen?
    I...what is happening?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List