Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boker EDC slip joint knife at CountyComm -$34.95

So my quick review:

I can say this thing is just what I was looking for. I lightweight knife with the tools I use for day to day. Something that clips to my pocket shield when I am working and something I can throw in my pocket when I am off work and not have to carry the pocket shield.

Tactical knives are great but I use knives as tools and I have been through a few.

Specs are right on.

Weight as advertised. Exactly 3.1oz Lengths also as advertised. Blade just under 3" to work in most jurisdictions.

The tools are what I need. I like the glass breaker. I understand the pocket clip flip as per above but the spine has the phillips and it will scratch anyway.

I really like the lanyard so I can clip it off if I am fishing or out on the lake.

The blade is nice as well. I got #218 of 750. The steel is new to me but I hear good things about it.

Bottle opener/flat head is perfect and has a wire stripper on it. Works well on bottles.

Phillips works and had ability punch style defensive tool for those times when you are in an NPE

The serrated blade comes out at angle but is supposed to be used as saw so I understand angle and I like. Not sure about Flathead on it though can't see it working right under torque. They should have put punch on end imho.

The G10 scales are smooth with a light texture for grip, so I'll see how it works when hands are sweaty. I like the color.

Pocket clip is rounded and close to body so it doesn't cause issue when tossed in pocket but holds on to pocket shield well. That was the selling point for me

Not a quick opener but a tool.

Overall I am very happy with it. Going to use it. Light and has the tools I want for day to day.

Looks like a limited edition run of their tech tool city line with different tools so if you missed the boat and want something close take a look. https://www.bokerusa.com/multitools/?p=2

The Boker tech tool city 3, and 2 all have different tools at close to the same pricepoint on popular websites like amazon. The 4 and 5 have more tools at a slightly higher price point. Looks like the tech tool city 2 is closest with the phillips replacing the corkscrew on the county comm run.

I can see this guy getting use
    Last edited by eb07; 07-25-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I was wondering this morning how much it would cost to get a run in orange G10 or with orange liners.
    Name:  Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-1024x1280.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  53.0 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Just curious as I fiddle with this knife. Why would you want to flip the pocket clip to put the window breaker in a bad spot? This is not a one handed opening type of knife. It is a knife which requires two hands to open. That would be the only reason I would make a clip change for one handed opening when I pull it from my pocket.
    I carry all my knives tip up so it's mostly for consistency.

This is the only slip joint I own so I am going to experiment with tip down carry for now. It just seems very unnatural even though it requires two hands to open.

I hadn't considered the window breaker scratching my phone. I do carry my phone in the same pocket.

The window breaker seems kind of useless to me. I've never had much luck with a non spring loaded one. I should be able to test it out on a car or two tomorrow during some training so we will find out if it will actually break a window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I can confirm that the window breaker does work as advertised. I was a little surprised with how well it worked. I was able to test it on two windows and it didn't require much force. Granted the cars were around 20 years old and the windows were not tinted but it worked great. Video link:

I was able to do a mini torture test with it to see how well it would cut. The normal blade sliced right through a seatbelt multiple times with ease. The saw type blade did cut through it but did require a sawing motion.

G10 is a little jacked up now but it's a tool!

Blade still looks good just a little dirty

Loving this knife a lot more now. Glad I picked it up. One small thing I would change is recessing the screws in the g10. But for $35 I shouldn't be picky. Fantastic value!

Thank you X100 for testing out what i cannot

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Thank you X100 for testing out what i cannot
    #RESIST

Boker EDC slip joint knife at CountyComm -$34.95

I think a P-F version of the tech tool city 1 would be awesome in orange g-10! https://www.bokerusa.com/pocketknive...ols%2F%3Fp%3D2

Last edited by JCS; 07-27-2017 at 01:15 PM.

I purchases # 682, it is a great little knife, quite sharp, slices paper really well. Thank you for the heads up on this.

sold out

just ordered 2. They might have more in stock now
    David S.

User Tag List