Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Boker EDC slip joint knife at CountyComm -$34.95

Put me down for a couple!

That'll work, Tom.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'd still have to spend many thousands of dollars out of pocket and it would take years (if ever) to break even.
    I don't think this project is worth you doing that.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    They are now saying that I would be able to get the Tech Tool City 1 in orange G10, but that's just a single blade design (but still has the pocket clip and glass breaker). However, at the price and minimum order quantity quoted, I'd have to sell them for $30-$35 (shipping included), get paid pre-orders for at least 100 units, and even with that I'd still have to spend many thousands of dollars out of pocket and it would take years (if ever) to break even.

Feel free to talk me into/out of this.

Here's the knife we are talking about (which Boker lists with a MSRP of $41.95):

Attachment 19077Attachment 19078
    The scales would be this shade of orange:

It's not nearly as handy as the County Comm knife, but I still like it.
    In my opinion, if you are going to do this, you need a much higher number of pre-orders, preferably with cash up front. Trying not to lose money is not an optimal goal. You should only be doing this if you have a reasonably good chance of making a profit, with losing money being a calculated risk rather than the likely outcome.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 08-16-2017 at 05:12 PM.

That is pretty much what I thought, the out of pocket costs is just a killer.

That would be cool, but not worth it.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Not that it matters (since the numbers don't work), but they also told me today that a black G10 scales with orange G10 liners would also be possible at the same quantity and price.

Here is a mockup of that:

Attachment 19115
    Nice!

BladeHQ has a variety of the Tech-Tool knives in black and green G10 and carbon fiber with various tool combos. Corkscrews instead of phillips screwdrivers. All apparently in stock.

There are a couple with phillips, but have pliers as well.
    Last edited by LtDave; 08-20-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I was able to get in on the Massdrop and then get in on the second round at County Comm. Thought I would share some shitty side by side camera phone shots of the two knives. It looks like I could fairly easily swap the Philips head for the cork screw between the two models. I actually like the Massdrop (which is a Boker Tech Tool 6) for the saw and the awl. Having the Philips head screw driver would seal the deal for me. These knives are very well made and I'm pleased with both of them.

Available in OD Green. Limited run of 500 pieces.

LINK

User Tag List