Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What advice would you give to your younger self?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "Plastics!"
    It's not the growth industry that "professional killer" is but it was nonetheless a solid response....

Invest in BTC from the very start and don't cash out until 2017.

To my 17 year old self who just graduated HS...

Don't listen to stupid people trying to tell you things they don't know or understand.

Seek out real knowledge based in experience and not in dogma or rhetoric.

There will be people who want to see you dishonored and disgraced, remove them from you life immediately and never think about them again, they will self destruct on their own without any help.

Those who have proven themselves worthy of being called friends are worth their weight in gold.

Once you remove someone from your life never allow them to re-enter it.

Your limits are purely self imposed, as long as you can set the goal you will achieve anything.

Always give zero fucks about people who don't give a fuck about you, do your job, be nice, but never put yourself behind others who would love to see you in pain.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Take the $5k you put in your Firebird and buy Google stock at its initial offering. Yeah, $498 a share sounds expensive but the sound system, turbo & rims you're putting on your Firebird are about to be totaled when you hydroplane during a thunderstorm...while going 15mph under the speed limit...on a road by yourself...and the chick you were trying to impress still didn't sleep with you.

Avoid the ones with heavy eye makeup.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    To my 17 year old self who just graduated HS...

Don't listen to stupid people trying to tell you things they don't know or understand.

Seek out real knowledge based in experience and not in dogma or rhetoric.

There will be people who want to see you dishonored and disgraced, remove them from you life immediately and never think about them again, they will self destruct on their own without any help.

Those who have proven themselves worthy of being called friends are worth their weight in gold.

Once you remove someone from your life never allow them to re-enter it.

Your limits are purely self imposed, as long as you can set the goal you will achieve anything.

Always give zero fucks about people who don't give a fuck about you, do your job, be nice, but never put yourself behind others who would love to see you in pain.
    Well written.

I would tell myself it's not about how you feel but about what you do and try. Regardless of not feeling confident and being scared, try it anyway.

Site Supporter
    'Protect your damn ears! Don't believe it when people tell you "It's just a little ringing, you'll be fine in a day or two."' I would give up every earthly possession if I could go back in time and follow that advice.

Oh, and 'You know want to join up. Put all the other crap aside and focus on that.'

-The hot/crazy matrix
    -long distance dating is always a bad idea
    -especially with any gal you've only known for less than 12 hours
    -talk less, listen more
    -it's okay to say "no"
    -skip the sports, get a job during high school
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I hate to admit it, but I would be much better off today if I took more of the advice my father gave me as a teenager.

Also, buy Microsoft at the IPO.

ETA, also don't sell that 1993 P229.
    Last edited by LorenzoS; 07-18-2017 at 03:57 PM.

User Tag List