Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favorite foods.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    My ex made me go there like once a month for five and a half goddamn years and I didn't like it the FIRST time.
    I love my wife, but I still do not understand why she tries to make me eat food I do not like. She loves squashes of all types and I hate them. Sometimes she makes dinner, I think, just to spite me. "Oh, I'll make RR's favorite Chile de Arbol spiced chicken with pasta and a light oil sauce...but then I'll dump a pound of sliced, not cooked all the way spaghetti squash into the pasta at the last minute and mix it all up."

This is usually followed by me, slowly picking out the squash and throwing it away with disgust. My wife usually responds, "You know vegetables are good for you." To which my response is something like, "Well, let me know where there are some, because there aren't any here."

Squash is good for two things. Carving Jack-O-Lanterns, and shooting out of cannons.

Oh and I just remembered, I HATE water chestnuts. Eww. Let's make something that tastes like cardboard, has the texture of wet drywall, and we'll use it to fill up half of the Chinese dishes you order. Fuck water chestnuts.

Cilantro
    Kale
    Cauliflower
    Horseradish

Liver
    Zucchini/Squash
    Peas
    Tomatoes(texture I love salsa)

Peas are fueled by a freeze dried backpacking experience in the Sierras. The cook that night put two packages of peas into a chicken and noodle dish. It just tasted like peas and I was very hungry. Worst meal backpacking I ever ate.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Oh and I just remembered, I HATE water chestnuts. Eww. Let's make something that tastes like cardboard, has the texture of wet drywall, and we'll use it to fill up half of the Chinese dishes you order. Fuck water chestnuts.
    Preach.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by drjaydvm View Post
    Cilantro
    Kale
    Cauliflower
    Horseradish
    Cilantro...hate, hate, hate it! Why in the world would I want a juicy shredded beef and soap burrito?!?

Kale...roger that, too hetero to eat it plain, but I don't notice when my wife blends it up in some yummy shake.

Cauliflower...meh, I can eat, but I won't judge.

Horseradish...you don't like horseradish??? Dude, ISIS much?

Site Supporter
    Humble pie. /JK

Srsly... I'll try most anything. Andrew Zimmern is my hero.

I can't seem to chew through things like intestines, but that's more about old teeth than it is not wanting to eat them.
    I've spent a lot of time in Asia eating every part of pigs and cows and poultry.
    I love most fish, but avoid fish with small bones that are difficult to de-bone, because it's a PITA to eat them.

I stay away from bugs and insects. Just not appetizing to me..
    They were big on some sort of green chrysalis about as big as my thumb when I was in China recently. I passed.

Probably the two grossest things I've eaten/tried to eat are Duck Balut (only got one bite in... ) and Shirako.

If you stop and think about it.... Eggs (scrambled, over-easy, etc.) are pretty gross... and delicious.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Cilantro...hate, hate, hate it! Why in the world would I want a juicy shredded beef and soap burrito?!?
    Well, because not everyone tastes soap when they eat it...

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Peas are fueled by a freeze dried backpacking experience in the Sierras. The cook that night put two packages of peas into a chicken and noodle dish. It just tasted like peas and I was very hungry. Worst meal backpacking I ever ate.
    I love, love, love, peas. I've literally just had pea salad, or pea soup, or peas with carrots and cheese for dinner before.

My wife hates peas. So, when I want to get revenge for the damn squash, I make peas.

You guys are too picky... probably were not caned enough at early age

When one has not eaten for days, everything tastes good.

Another vote for yams/sweet potatoes. The smell alone makes me nauseous, though oddly I do like sweet potato pie.

Stuffing. I'm not sure what it even is, some sort of soggy bread thing?

Kale, which I'm not convinced is actually edible. Like grass.

Pineapples on anything. Fresh pineapple is good by itself though.

I'd say bugs of any type but I don't think they're considered food by anyone who wouldn't otherwise be eating dirt and twigs. I make exceptions for lobster and crab, until I get too wrapped up in the taxonomy.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List