Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Least favorite foods.

Site Supporter

Least favorite foods.

What food/drink do you hate the most?

For me it's Ranch Dressing, any form of Mayonnaise, and sour cream.

If my food comes with those things I physically cannot make myself eat it. This is a serious statement, I prefer the taste of sand and dirt to ranch and mayonnaise. There is a little Mexican food stand in town that makes the best hamburgers. Yet most of the time even when you say no mayonnaise they still put it on there. I stopped ordering them.

Ranch dressing....even the smell makes me gag.

Beets.

Brussel sprouts. (Metallic taste.)

Liver. (Chopped liver is okay.)

Various blood or similar type sausage. I had some really nasty "delicacies" in Sicily to the delight of relatives living in Catania.

I'd have to give more thought to the topic but those come immediately to mind...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Lima Beans. Detestable and near flavorless little bags of dirt.

Overly spicy (hot) foods. Not to be confused with spicy (flavorful) foods. Hot stuff is not only rather unpleasant twice, but it also adversely affects my digestive system due to other gastrointestinal issues.

Kale. Unsure how it's possible to make leafy greens unpleasant, but apparently God found a way.

Chicken Feet. Seriously, WTF, China. So many other good ideas and someone decides to make chicken feet a thing that's a "delicacy".

Apart from that I like the vast majority of cuisine that I encounter.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Site Supporter
    In no specific order of vileness

Eggplant - I like plants and I like eggs but eggplant cooked in any way is a no-go.
    Artichokes - In any form.
    Miracle Whip - This is the product of Satan's testicles...an abomination to the condiment world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    In no specific order of vileness

Eggplant - I like plants and I like eggs but eggplant cooked in any way is a no-go.
    Artichokes - In any form.

Miracle Whip - This is the product of Satan's testicles...an abomination to the condiment world.
    You'd have been persona non grata in the Italian households I grew up frequenting.

As to Miracle Whip...I always thought that was marketed for the blandest of bland white folks. (Never tasted it myself. But I'm not that bland. At least not in my tastes.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Insects, no matter how well cooked or fried. I just don't like that type of crunchy.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Usually I find any sort of high-class delicacy from anywhere in the world to be revolting. Foie gras, for example, or any of that rotten fish shit that's been cooked under the sun for 30 days in the Ukraine. I'm usually more in tune with simple commoners food. Get me some mie goreng and I'm set.

Cilantro.

That really bitter salad. Don't know what it's called. Kill it with fire.

Whole seafood items. I LOVE lobster, and I like shrimp. I like the tails, though. Not so much when it's still whole.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Bourbon and Whiskey.

Nah, I'm just messing with you. I freaking love a good Manhattan. Corned beef hash. Even the smell makes me want to gag. I wear one of those old-school spoon shaped medical bracelets that says "in case of accidental poison ingestion, open a can of cheap corned beef hash in the room. That'll take care of it."

A million different things. My favorite to tell people is I can't stand steaks though
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Yams, sweet potatoes and most squash.
    Calling sweet potatoes potatoes at all should be a misdemeanor
    offense.

My wife grew way too many hills of zucchini early in
    our marriage. Scarred me for life.

We depended on planes from the coast to arrive with food and
    supplies one place I lived as a kid. Got socked in with nothing but
    squash in the garden for way too long. Early scarring there.

Also detest hot cereals.

User Tag List