Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Least favorite foods.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Malört sounds like the sound you make just before you "toss your cookies". Perhaps that's why they named it so?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Let's not forget their claim to fame, "1 in 49 men likes it."

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I've had Durian only twice. A colleague had the best description. "Imagine eating a bowl of your favorite tapioca or ice cream while sitting on the toilet dropping the stinkiest deuce imaginable." The second time I had it was because I was somehow convinced that Thai durian was better than Malaysian durian. Had to give it a shot. Still stinky.
    If you have it on something baked, the smell is.... bearable. Sort of like how using really stinky cheeses in a baked mac'n'cheese dish really tempers the smell and allows you to better taste the actual ingredient without wanting to gag.

Asparagus. Done properly it needs grape seed oil, fresh ground salt, fresh ground pepper, be wrapped in bacon, and then grilled or baked until slightly crispy.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    If people do not like the "woody" taste and texture, it helps if you get the young-thin asparagus. We marinate in olive oil, lemon juice and zest, fresh garlic and house seasoning prior to grilling.

One food I will not try, much less eat is scrapple because of how it smells when it is cooking.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 07-19-2017 at 12:03 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Shellfish
    Bell Pepper
    Raw tomato
    Olives
    Kale

Of these I despise bell pepper the most.
    Damn, that's my typical meal [emoji4]

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I don't get to IKEA much, so I had to look this up:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

Really? What, if I may ask, does fish soaked in Lye for days smell like?
    My father still complains about Lutefisk which I think he last ate some time in the '50s.
    His description: take a fish, nail it to a board, soak it in Lye, peel it off the board, and eat the board.

Now there's also: Surströmming.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

- William Pitt the Younger

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    the sprouts from Brussels... a light coating of oil, fresh ground salt and pepper, and the baking them for about 20 minutes
    Allow to cool, then place in the garbage can.

There. Fixed it for you.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    How did I forget these little treasures??? Straight from the people who brought the world ambiguous pictagram assembly instructions and blister inducing allen keys....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming

It serves as both a foodstuff for Swedes and a prank to be played upon the unknowing. At holiday parties it is a tradition to see who they can get to open the can and wear some of the rotten fish juice for the rest of the event.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Any white gravy/sauce. Fettuccini alfredo, biscuits and sausage gravy, and chicken fried steak are all no go. Just can’t do it.
    Never could do matzoh balls either.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List