Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Browning Hi-Powers discontinued ?

I got a good deal on my 9mm MK III Hi Power a few years ago. Now I need to find a .40 that I can afford. For some strange reason, the Hi Power is the only .40 cal pistol that I have any interest in. I found a Gunsite Custom .40 on Gunbroker about 2 years ago. Check the serial number and sure enough it was one I built. Still in the box unfired according to the listing. Unfortunately it sold for $2700. I can't even afford my own guns

I completely agree with the comments re the BHP's deficiencies compared to more modern offerings. Yet I somehow have managed to acquire several, including a Mk III .40 (and a Bar-Sto .40-9 conversion barrel) and a Mk. III Practical in 9mm, dark slide over a hard chrome frame. I don't have the problems with hammer bite that some have and the triggers on the .40 and the Practical are pretty decent; a later vintage Mk. III in 9mm has a much worse trigger. As the only gun I was ever issued and carried "for real," I do have a bit of nostalgia for them and I find that they carry and conceal well. No question, though, if I had to jump out of a black helicopter in the middle of nowhere, I'd probably be toting my G19. Still, sorry to see them go.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    MkIII, one if the Israeli imports of a few years ago.

Name:  BHP.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  50.5 KB

The lanyard gizmo fell off in a match and was lost. Since I'm a righty and it rubbed against me, I'm not crying about that. I did change the safety out to a C&S model and I lightly filed the edges of the hammer to make it more clothing-friendly.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List