Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for input on the M&P 45 Compact for a woods gun

My wife and I put the Talon rubber grip decals, that we learned about on the Langdon PX4C, on the HK45C, and they help tremendously.

My opinion is the main reason to go with the HK45C is known reliability, or launching Super, but I always felt like I shot the M&P 45 better on timed drills.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife and I put the Talon rubber grip decals, that we learned about on the Langdon PX4C, on the HK45C, and they help tremendously.

My opinion is the main reason to go with the HK45C is known reliability, or launching Super, but I always felt like I shot the M&P 45 better on timed drills.
    How do the rubber Talon grips work for concealability? How about grip if the gun gets wet?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    How do the rubber Talon grips work for concealability? How about grip if the gun gets wet?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    As received, the Talon grip decals slow my draw, because they keep my hand from sliding into position. However, I remove the back panel, and the lower 30 percent or so of the right panel, and they now work fine on the draw. Wet, they are better than the bare gun, but not as good as the sand paper type grip tape. That sand paper is hard on your skin and clothes, so everything is a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As received, the Talon grip decals slow my draw, because they keep my hand from sliding into position. However, I remove the back panel, and the lower 30 percent or so of the right panel, and they now work fine on the draw. Wet, they are better than the bare gun, but not as good as the sand paper type grip tape. That sand paper is hard on your skin and clothes, so everything is a compromise.
    Got pics of which the Talon grips look like on yours just for reference?

The sand paper granulate is indeed rough on skin and clothes. I ran the sand paper granulate grips on my G19 for a little bit, but I absolutely could not wear an undershirt between me and the gun while concealing. They also were pretty harsh on my support hand as well, but man did it stick. I had thought about going with the rubberized version, but wondered if it was ultimately worth it or not. If concealment with the rubber grips isn't an issue and it's still an improvement over a bare grip, then it might be worth investigating. I've still got a set on my G17 and I'm about ready to rip those off because of how obnoxious they are.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Got pics of which the Talon grips look like on yours just for reference?

The sand paper granulate is indeed rough on skin and clothes. I ran the sand paper granulate grips on my G19 for a little bit, but I absolutely could not wear an undershirt between me and the gun while concealing. They also were pretty harsh on my support hand as well, but man did it stick. I had thought about going with the rubberized version, but wondered if it was ultimately worth it or not. If concealment with the rubber grips isn't an issue and it's still an improvement over a bare grip, then it might be worth investigating. I've still got a set on my G17 and I'm about ready to rip those off because of how obnoxious they are.

Name:  IMG_1837.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  78.0 KB

Thanks for the input guys. I decided to pass on the M&P 45c and ordered a USP 45 from the LGS. They had V1's in stock but I wanted the LEM since that's what my carry P2000 is.

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I decided to pass on the M&P 45c and ordered a USP 45 from the LGS. They had V1's in stock but I wanted the Match Hybrid LEM since that trigger on the USP FS is the best HK hammer trigger that exists.

Site Supporter
    FWIW, I had the rubberized Talons on my G30S and absolutely loved them. Should be OEM, ya know, like decent sights?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    FWIW, I had the rubberized Talons on my G30S and absolutely loved them. Should be OEM, ya know, like decent sights?
    No, Talon grips are like $7 to purchase yourself and I'd rather a pistol come with generic sights that I can replace with my preferred sights.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    No, Talon grips are like $7 to purchase yourself and I'd rather a pistol come with generic sights that I can replace with my preferred sights.

I was thinking about getting both, but really, why should Glock change anything?

User Tag List