Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Becoming an Instructor

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Excellent writeup, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I'm still in the process of trying to get my work schedule to line up with an instructors course and it will be most likely this fall when I have a few weeks vacation. Until then I'm just trying to improve my own skills and proficiency, helping out at the range, as well as learning what I can here.

Interesting thread as I recently took the NRA basic pistol and the PPITH instructor classes and had a great time. They named the basic pistol course correctly in that is is just that very basic. The shooting for the PPITH course again very basic but did learn some neat drills for new shooters to try. Out of 20 students from what I hear 4 did not make it, as they shouldn't have. I am also looking at instructing to make a little money to keep me in ammo and in classes. I love taking classes to learn more, I feel if I take a course and learn one or two things that help me ( which in turn will help my students) its well worth it. I have people wanting me to give a class so they can get their CCP, but I want to wait until after I take Maasad Ayoobs Mag 40 class in a couple of weeks.
    I hope more will chime in as my mind is like a sponge and I just can't seem to soak up enough info.
    Cracker

User Tag List