Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rural SW VA working party this fall

See profile title.
    #RESIST

I'll try to grow some muscles by then, but I'm down to help wherever you can place me.

Vinh,

You can be the demo model for all shooting drills......
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    It's tough to predict my schedule out in November, but I'm likely game for at least a day.

Well if all goes as planned, there will be mostly clean up, and not many trees to fall or clear. And it may not be a weekend event, as I know it's tough to find that kind of time away from home, especially for an IOU for range use at a later date. It very well may be a month long event, and if you're able to make it for a day, great. If not, my feelings won't be hurt, and you'll still be more than welcome at Frog's Deep.

Also gonna be in need of a pyromaniac to reduce the piles of trimmings....... firefighter would be good for this....... don't want to be the dude who destroyed the forest.

And for those in need of firewood, you can take as much as you can carry.

Oh, and anyone with access to TNT or ANFO would be most welcome as well. I can do the math to make sure we have just the right amounts in the right configuration, but my access to explosives has been greatly reduced since retirement is imminent. Guess they dot want people stockpiling on their way out the door. Go figure.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Happy to help as needed, it's a beautiful drive down Rte. 15 to that part of the state.
    Last edited by jc000; 07-23-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Oh, and anyone with access to TNT or ANFO would be most welcome as well. I can do the math to make sure we have just the right amounts in the right configuration, but my access to explosives has been greatly reduced since retirement is imminent. Guess they dot want people stockpiling on their way out the door. Go figure.
    I was staying out of the thread, since 3000 +/- miles is a long way to go for a weekend work party, but I confess I was wondering if you had managed to have some det cord follow you home.

Not that I really want to know.

Otherwise, all I know is "Factor P for Plenty."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Det Cord is all well and good for trees, but TNT is better for stump removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I'll be hosting a range clearing and construction weekend at the new hacienda this fall, likely November time frame, or well after the leaves have started to fall.
    Sean, do you plan on doing this in the first two weekends of November, or were you thinking later than that?

User Tag List