Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: M1 Carbines?

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    So basically a PCC
    A PCC on steroids. Midway between a PCC and an "assault rifle" cartridge, but faster handling than just about any other long gun you will find.

Site Supporter
    GI ones always shot well and showed decent accuracy with cast bullets. I remember that two friends each had the bolt break but now suspect over pressure hand loads. The military full auto M2 had a rep for breaking bolts. I knew a large number of WW2 and Korean War veterans who had faint praise for them. These little rifles are fun. If you have one that works ok, you have an ideal home defense rifle if certain ammo is used. Universal and Plainfield are two commercial brands from days past. Some worked; many did not. At one time there was a .221 Spitfire version--original case necked down. This is from memory so correct me if I gave the wrong name for the necked down conversion.

Sure sure. I was thinking more in terms of range because it seems slightly more than a PCC. I say this because I can easily hit targets at 100 yards with my Scorpion carbine in 9mm. I haven't pushed it further beyond that though. I'd like to try it at 200 yards but I haven't yet. Power of the round seems somewhere between pistol and a 5.56 rifle round.

User Tag List