Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shotgun Selection Advice

Also, be sure to bring enough light. :-)

I really love that gun. In my book of tears was a SKB from the mid 80's. French Walnut, black chrome, and just fancy but wicked. Your gun reminds me a lot of that one.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

24" Beretta 1301 Comp. Capable of clays, capable of defense, a little longer, but not too long.

I find myself in a similar boat overall. I really want to pick up a new shotgun for clays and some upland bird hunting, but I have to justify a double-duty defensive gun, because it's otherwise too expensive. So, what do I do? I'm leaning towards a 21"-24" Beretta 1301, but I'm not sold on it yet. Partly, because I am thinking about getting a double gun and partly because I'm still very much excited for and hoping that the Crye Precision Six12 actually drops by Q4 of this year (though that means missing upland bird season this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    In my book of tears was a SKB from the mid 80's.
    In mine is a HK91 I purchased new in the early 90s. I had the HK bipod, claw scope mount and some extra mags. I sold it shortly after Bubba's AWB went into affect for more than I paid for it, but for only a fraction of what it is now worth.

User Tag List