Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article 2: Foam Wedges and Pads

That new wedge should address the one complaint I have with my current Mastermind fleet of holsters (well 1/2, need one for the M&P 2.0 lol)

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    That new wedge should address the one complaint I have with my current Mastermind fleet of holsters (well 1/2, need one for the M&P 2.0 lol)
    Thank you for the feedback.

Having the slide print due to the claw pushing the grip in too much seems to be a user specific issue, but from our experience it is a problem for a lot of people. We wanted to see if we could come up with something that could reduce the amount of slide printing without the end user having to modify / grind down the claw on their holster.

We believe that our new wedge profile should assist most users that have slide printing issues.
    Last edited by Mack; 07-20-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: can't spell

Verso Wedge

We have designed the Verso Wedge to help reduce slide printing. In our experience most users experience printing from the rear of the slide on pistols that have blocky slides. Glock holsters with claws seem to make up the majority of the slide printing issues that result from ‘over-clawing’. The Verso Wedge should work well for those who have mild issues with the rear of the slide printing without having to grind down the claw. For those who have a larger issue with slide printing, slight modification of the claw may be necessary and in conjunction with the Verso Wedge should assuage most printing problems.

We have found that holsters with claws just don’t get along with some body types regardless of slide shape. As an example we have had a few customers remove the claw on their PX4 holsters because they were experiencing slide printing from ‘over-clawing’, if I take one of our PX4 holsters it is extremely difficult for me to replicate the issue no matter how hard I try.

As we have noted above slide printing as a result of ‘over-clawing’ seems to be very user specific and body type dependent issue. We do want people to know this before deciding to purchase the Verso Wedge and that it will likely NOT fix serious issues with slide printing. In addition it may not work for slide printing issues for some body types as AIWB carriage is so user specific. The Verso Wedge should address mild to moderate slide printing issues and should work the best for users who carry a Glock or any other pistol with a blocky slide and would like to have the slide lay a little flatter on the waistband without sacrificing the grip-tucking benefits of the claw.

Name:  reverso12 (1 of 1).jpg
Views: 88
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  reverso21 (1 of 1).jpg
Views: 86
Size:  52.9 KB
    Last edited by Mack; 09-06-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Any chance of a "longer" foam wedge or pad?

I'm looking for something to long enough to securely wrap around the leg side of my AIWB holster to prevent occasional kydex bite when sitting ;-) Currently I am using one of the MT foam wedges with the small end sort of hanging over - not elegant but mostly functional - a longer pad that would allow for velcro attachment on both sides of the holster body would be ideal.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Any chance of a "longer" foam wedge or pad?

I'm looking for something to long enough to securely wrap around the leg side of my AIWB holster to prevent occasional kydex bite when sitting ;-) Currently I am using one of the MT foam wedges with the small end sort of hanging over - not elegant but mostly functional - a longer pad that would allow for velcro attachment on both sides of the holster body would be ideal.
    Please send me a PM or an e-mail so we can talk about it in a bit more detail; if you are looking for a longer pad that should not be difficult.
    Last edited by Mack; 09-19-2017 at 03:56 PM.

User Tag List