Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Week 225: The Test

Equipment: COLT LW Commander, .45acp, modified by Ikey Starks of CO "back in the day". Bar-Sto barrel, King-Tappan sights, "beavertail" grip safety(Safari[?]), original Swenson ambi safety levers-this piece could be in a museum. Holster=Talon Tactical kydex, friction retention. As I don't own any 10 round mags, I elected to shoot a Hackathorn variation: 8 rounds from the holster, unconcealed, cold.
    Pass or Fail: Pass, after a little drama. First run had a failure to chamber on last round. I suspect the magazine spring was weak. Replaced mag; subsequent run 96 points in 8.21 seconds.
    Notes: Had a previous post Friday which disappeared when I clicked-sure I screwed up the transmission. On 8/11, same gear, cold = fail-one round at about 1 o'clock high in "8", under time. I analyze that as a bit of "heeling", or unbalanced grip pressure to insure grip safety depressed. I had performed two brief dry fire sessions to remind myself of handling differences. We, as a group, are certainly better off these days with gear.
    One shouldn't be too sentimental about machines/tools, but this was a pleasant interlude, like coming across an old friend after decades and catching up a bit. I would carry this old friend again, with tested mags, but there are easier choices these days...

Shot this outdoors on 8/12. G19 from low ready.

Ran it theee times and got 9/10, 10/10, 9/10. Called the misses.

Noticed sights were tracking back to he original point of aim. Upon reviewing video need to firm up my stance a. It.

I know that this Drill of the Week post is technically "closed" but I shot a PB this morning running the Super Test. Gun was my P226 MK25RX. Haven't shot it in a few months and felt like bringing it along today. Red dots are freaking awesome past ~10 yards. However I do notice I'm much slower with them inside 10Y. The low shot in the 9 ring was during the 5Y string...

299-?X
    Name:  IMG_0256.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  41.3 KB
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List