Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Week 225: The Test

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Shot this and the HITS version of the Test today near the end of my practice session. I was sufficiently warmed up to say the least

PX4 Compact Carry shot from the ready position. Shot a 98-2X in 8.86.

Attachment 18232

Was feeling ballsy so I decided to shot it SHO. Prettt happy with my score on that attempt but I failed by going over time (11.12) and dropping 2 out of the black. Scored a 94-2X SHO.

Attachment 18233

Ended by shooting the HITS version of The Test at 15, 10 and 5 yards with 15, 10 and 5 second par times. Shot from the ready and scored a 289-13X. Dropped one out of the black so it's technically a fail but I'm very happy with this run score wise.

Attachment 18234

Sorry for the sideways pics! They were oriented correctly on my phone.

What did you quote this for?
    Shoot more, post less...

First post, and I screw it up...
    However, shooting was better: Gen4 G26, w/Ameriglo CAP sights, +2 baseplate, shot from low ready, cold. First shots w/this particular weapon in over a year and a half, as I have been running either a G43 or G19(or both). 94 points (1X, 3"10s", 6"9s")in 9.33 seconds, all in black, slight left orientation (no pic, sorry-I'll figure it out). I was pleased and mildly surprised that it was a pass on first, cold attempt. My concentration was on staying in the black, hard focus on front sight, working trigger carefully but purposefully.
    I like this "Test" very much, and have corresponded with Wayne Dobbs on their variations-"Super Test", etc. It can be an evaluation of hardware/software interaction, and/or a good drill to boot. Thanks, Gabe, for putting it up!

Looking at my notes, the G26 run was one week ago(7/13). As I am on a work trip driving next week, and I am fortunate enough to have relatively easy access to an indoor range, I decided to give it a go today(7/20) with my usual carry piece: a Gen4 19, Warren/Sevigny night sights(two dots), otherwise factory. From cold(first shots today) low ready, pass in 8.27 seconds. 100, with (4)Xs, (6)10s. I am happy with that! Guess I might try some variations in another week or so to include draw, maybe a "Half Test".
    Relevant perhaps to any conversation here is a comment from Hackathorn several years back: "As I am a little older than Mr.Vickers, I am a little more tolerant. Still have to have 90 points to pass, but allow hits in 8 ring to count." Gabe set this up as only shots in black to count; no problem, but I am curious as to what others might think of the "kinder, gentler" scoring...

Equipment used: Glock/ATEi Roland Special, RM06
    Variations none
    Pass or Fail 7.69/ Pass
    Number of points 99

Equipment used: Sig 229, AIWB, T shirt concealment
    Variations: holstered, concealed
    Pass or Fail: Pass, Failed the SHO
    Number of points
    Anything you noticed: Almost threw the first DA shot too low and was lucky I didn't as that was my worry before starting, mental game and all. Ran it a second time SHO with not so good results, but good to see where I stand almost cold (ran this right after the regular version). Great drill that I've done a bunch in the past. Thanks for posting it.

Name:  The Test.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  40.9 KB
    Name:  Test SHO.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  42.0 KB

Equipment used: VP9SK
    Variations: At the Low Ready
    Pass or Fail: Fail
    Number of points: 74 and 73
    Anything you noticed: All of these are firsts.......time shooting a DOTW, time shooting at 10 yards in less than 10 seconds, time shooting at a B-8 target. So that should sum it up. I am posting my results because as I mentioned in my training journal- I need to hold myself accountable and I want to track my journey. I shot this a few times and the BIGGEST thing I noticed was that I consistently shot low. More than the lack of a shot group- the shooting low bothers me the most. I will say- I shoot better than I play golf and I cannot wait to get into a formal class.
    Name:  IMG_1993.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  73.3 KBName:  IMG_1994.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  71.5 KB
    I printed the targets off at work earlier today and thought- those don't look too bad of a size. Then- I hung them up at the range and watched as the very large circle became very small 10 yards later.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I shot this from the low ready, with my G4 Glock 19, and my duty gun, a G4 Glock 22 with the Streamlight TLR-1 attached. G19 has a Gen3 trigger and trigger bar installed (for the smooth trigger face), and has Dawson Chargers for sights. The G22 has Warren Tactical's, with a 2-dot setup. Both guns have a slight undercut for my middle finger, and both have "dot" connectors installed.

Time for the G22 was 9.46, scoring a 98-3x. The G19 came in at 98-5x, and at around 6 seconds, was noticeably easier to get the sights back onto the B-8. Love this drill.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by babypanther; 07-25-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: sorry about the picture orientation

This was my first time ever shooting The Test.

Gun: G19Gen4
    Variations: Low ready
    Pass/Fail: Fail

Anything you noticed:
    Pull some shots left. Need to speed things up as I did it in 11.90s. At least I kept them all in the black. I'll have to add this to my regular drills.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Equipment used: PX4CC
    Variations: From the ready
    Number of points: 8/10

Number of points: 9/10

Pass or Fail: Pass
    Number of points: 10/10

Anything you noticed: I consistently hit low with this pistol and it wasn't until I started to type this that I realized that it was said the sights hit at a 6:00 hold but for me it must be drive the dot. I can't believe this just dawned on me, next range day I'll have to verify this.

Mike

User Tag List