Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1911 duty rig setups?

1911 duty rig setups?

Possibly going to a Department that allows 1911s and looking for advice/experience/pictures of your 1911 duty gear setup.

I carry a Springfield TRP Operator in a Safariland ALS low ride holster 6390-560. I use the quick release system so I can switch to a new belt as needed when wearing a heavy vest.

I carry three magazines in a Safariland 77. I also carry two magazines on pouches on my carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Coyotesfan;

I like your setup. Is there a particular reason why you're carrying your radio on your belt, instead of your tac vest? It seems like a net positive to get as much weight off the belt as possible. Also, have you had any issues carrying a level one holster?

SWAT rig:

I use one of the Safariland triple mag pouches pictured above for the rare occasions I'm in uniform.

EDIT: Apparently photobucket won't let me post pics anymore.
    Last edited by TC215; 06-29-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Coyotesfan;

I like your setup. Is there a particular reason why you're carrying your radio on your belt, instead of your tac vest? It seems like a net positive to get as much weight off the belt as possible. Also, have you had any issues carrying a level one holster?
    I like the weight of the radio balancing the pistol and I'd have to reconfigure mt vest to put the radio on it. I've had no issues with the holster. I like it a lot better than the SLS where it was easy not to flip the hood up on holstering.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I have a full size Wilson 45acp I'm going to use. Is non rail 1911 an issue?

Been carrying a G22 with a light on it for years.

I like the three mag slime line setup with another two mags in other places.

Yep photobucket will no longer let me post as well, had to find another site.

Site Supporter
    Safariland ALS is the way to go for uniform. If you have back problems check their contoured belt

Agree, I have an ALS for my G22/w light, works great.

No experience with contoured belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Safariland ALS is the way to go for uniform. If you have back problems check their contoured belt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I like the weight of the radio balancing the pistol and I'd have to reconfigure mt vest to put the radio on it. I've had no issues with the holster. I like it a lot better than the SLS where it was easy not to flip the hood up on holstering.
    What kind of mags do you carry?

Do they make Safariland 7TS models? I'd look into getting one of those for duty, it's lighter and better than the standard 6000-series safariland offers.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List