Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry guns vs. critters

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Well, said vermin must have been talking to the other critters who knew of me or he/she had been watching too many tactical channels on Youtube. About the time I got my head and shoulders in the attic, this fat squirrel "pressed the fight" and charged right at my face!

I, of course, screamed like a little girl and nearly fell out of the attic.....
    Given that experience, you HAVE to listen to this:

https://m.thisamericanlife.org/radio...ay?act=2#act-2

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post

Had a very similar experience once back when I worked third shift..........offending critter was a big Alabama possum.

Fat one......granddaddy sized possum......

It was the dead of winter and this lady called to tell us that some big rat looking thing was in her hallway bathroom. I pulled up and my assist unit was another good ol boy who grew up in the sticks. We got out, looked at each other, and pretty much figured we had this action well in hand.

So we go up, knock, and she comes to the door. "Officers!.....HE'S IN THE BATHROOM!!!!"

We, of course, snicker a little and head that way ready to spar with this large rat. Well, turns out it was a pretty thick possum.....and seeing us start in the bathroom got him hissing and posturing up good.

Well, both of us being country boys, we figure a good kick and he would "sull up" which is country speak for playing possum.......and we could snatch him up by his tail and set him free. Problem was the bathroom was kind of on the small side and he took refuge behind these nice pipes and shutoff valves. There wasn't much room for a good kick nor could either of us navigate a boot back there amongst all that plumbing encased critter.

So, I pull out that collapsable nightstick the city bought me and figured that it would be perfect for such an application of force. I figured one good whack and said possum would play dead and let me remove him.

I draw back and let fly with that baton.

And of course, miss the critter all together and got me a shut off valve instead.

Suddenly, the possum took no interest in this big idiot trying to brain him as he was getting hosed with water. He lit out like a late freight and ran right up my partner's leg.

Blood curling screams! Big time. He was trying to scream, shake that critter off his leg, and pull his pistol out in some sort of strange looking dance routine. Looked like Riverdance with a ticked off sewer rat gnawing on his thigh.

He took off running with the possum attached to him and once he got out side, I guess the cold, night air hit that wet possum and he took off to find shelter or a towel. I was about to laugh myself into a coma and the lady that called us was ticked off about her bathroom flooding.

Good times. Critter calls for service never end well.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post

Best episode ever.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Been bailing a bunch of hay. Been seeing a bunch of coyotes. Been taking a bunch of shots at coyotes.

The practice paid off today. This coyote was 75, 100 yards from the tractor when the 180gr gold dot from my glock 27 put him down.
    Name:  IMG_1276.JPG
Views: 876
Size:  48.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G19

G21

Last edited by Lost River; 09-13-2017 at 01:45 PM.

This Angry little bastard actually came after me. It is hard to see but the final shot was right in the top of his head. I was walking backwards (quickly) shooting and cussing at the same time. He literally was stopped about 2-3 feet from my feet.

Badgers have seriously bad attitudes.

They are like the ex-wives of the animal world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    This Angry little bastard actually came after me. It is hard to see but the final shot was right in the top of his head. I was walking backwards (quickly) shooting and cussing at the same time. He literally was stopped about 2-3 feet from my feet.

Badgers have seriously bad attitudes.

They are like the ex-wives of the animal world.

Be careful! I've seen THE video. It's NOT dead!

Site Supporter
    I thought I had posted this.

Last February, one morning the dogs were constantly barking their, something's wrong bark, behind the house. By the time I got dressed and outside they were in the front yard still sounding the alarm at a coyote under one of the trucks.

This coyote was looking at the dogs and me but looking through us with no reaction. A 1000 yard stare. So I shot him with my glock 27. No reaction. I thought I missed. I shot again. No reaction. Repeat. The whole time the coyote is looking through me. Now, focus, front sight, press trigger, this shot in the head, down he finally goes. It was odd, very odd. Had to be diseased, I doubt it was on pcp but that's what it reminded me of.

Name:  IMG_1195.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  88.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simply outstanding work!
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Last Friday I looked across the pasture to see this pig. She was unconcerned with my presence and I drove to about 20 yards away from the pig. When the pig changed direction I was able to put a 148gr target wadcutter from an old cobra close to the ear hole. One less pig damaging the land.

Name:  IMG_1298.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  101.1 KB
    Last edited by serialsolver; 02-20-2018 at 06:18 PM.

User Tag List