Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HiTS Advanced Pistol Skills Aug 26, 2017 Dallas

HiTS Advanced Pistol Skills Aug 26, 2017 Dallas

It is up on the Hardwired Tactical Shooting Facebook page. I'll edit in the AM with info.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Schweet!!

Wayne has a bunch of cool new drills. His should be a good one for tuning up your skills.

This ​course ​will ​test ​students ​with ​more ​difficult ​training ​evolutions ​to ​use ​the ​skills ​gained ​in ​the ​First ​Responder ​Pistol ​Course, ​and ​other ​HiTS ​courses. ​ ​This ​will ​include ​single ​hand ​shooting, ​injured ​officer ​drills, ​movement, ​dealing ​with ​non-shoot ​targets, ​and ​other ​advanced ​gun ​handling ​skills. ​ ​This ​is ​a ​fairly ​fluid ​class ​that ​is ​never ​the ​same. ​ ​Wayne ​Dobbs ​will ​present ​numerous ​drills ​that ​will ​push ​shooters ​skills ​that ​will ​help ​to ​diagnose ​issues ​to ​improve ​performance. ​ ​Many ​of ​the ​drills ​will ​also ​test ​response ​to ​real ​world ​issues. ​ ​
    Aprox. ​350 ​rounds

https://www.regonline.com/registrati...ventID=2022650
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 07-14-2017 at 06:31 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Wayne has a bunch of cool new drills. His should be a good one for tuning up your skills.

This ​course ​will ​test ​students ​with ​more ​difficult ​training ​evolutions ​to ​use ​the ​skills ​gained ​in ​the ​First ​Responder ​Pistol ​Course, ​and ​other ​HiTS ​courses. ​ ​This ​will ​include ​single ​hand ​shooting, ​injured ​officer ​drills, ​movement, ​dealing ​with ​non-shoot ​targets, ​and ​other ​advanced ​gun ​handling ​skills. ​ ​This ​is ​a ​fairly ​fluid ​class ​that ​is ​never ​the ​same. ​ ​Wayne ​Dobbs ​will ​present ​numerous ​drills ​that ​will ​push ​shooters ​skills ​that ​will ​help ​to ​diagnose ​issues ​to ​improve ​performance. ​ ​Many ​of ​the ​drills ​will ​also ​test ​response ​to ​real ​world ​issues. ​ ​
    Aprox. ​350 ​rounds

https://www.regonline.com/registrati...ventID=2022650
    Do you have any prerequisites for this class? I was not able to make the first responder class earlier this year.

Site Supporter
    It's not a basic level class. You need to be able to draw competently from a holster, move safely while managing the pistol and your fundamental marksmanship and handling skills should be solid.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor
    L/E Pro Staff for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I checked out your website- but couldn't pull a class schedule. Is facebook the only place they are listed or just search this forum? I'd like to do the First Responder.
    Last edited by holmes168; 07-15-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    I checked out your website- but couldn't pull a class schedule. Is facebook the only place they are listed or just search this forum? I'd like to do the First Responder.
    We don't have a web person, so we use Facebook to post classes. Up coming is counter robbery/immediate aid with Lonestar Medics in October and the revolver weekend will be early November. If we can't squeez a first responder by year end it will be first up in spring.

Thread useless without pix

* vdmsr.com | Facebook | Instagram | Flickr *
    Chief developer for V Development Group

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    We don't have a web person, so we use Facebook to post classes. Up coming is counter robbery/immediate aid with Lonestar Medics in October and the revolver weekend will be early November. If we can't squeez a first responder by year end it will be first up in spring.
    Thanks! I will check the page over the next few months.
    Former Infantry Guy, Traveled twice on all expense paid vacation to Iraq, Graduate of Ranger School's last Hard class, and awardee of the Enemy Marksmanship Badge

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Thread useless without pix

Yup - Wayne was definitely there, passing on the knowledge. He taught me a "lightbulb moment" on my grip which really helped at longer distances.

And we had a surprise guest - jlw was there, driving in all the way from Georgia! Definitely a southern gentlemen, in a class full of excellent folks.

And watching people shoot the LAPD "Bonus Course" gave me even more appreciation for the fellows that did so "back in the day". Much respect.
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 08-26-2017 at 11:40 PM.

User Tag List