Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Input wanted- training a young comp shooter

Not so much an answer, but a resource: You can always reach out to one of the junior shooters growing in popularity. Deven Wagner comes to mind. I'm sure he or his parent(s) would be glad to share some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    Not so much an answer, but a resource: You can always reach out to one of the junior shooters growing in popularity. Deven Wagner comes to mind. I'm sure he or his parent(s) would be glad to share some insight.

This is good advice and we do have a such a resource. We have made friends with a very good junior shooter and his parents. We've got good advice from them so far. There is more than one way to skin a cat so I'm just looking for as much information as I can get. There are a lot of good shooters on this forum.

Update.
    My son has now shot in 4 club matches and enough classifieds to make D. He's pretty pumped to be "classed" ��.
    He continues to shoot accurately. He has abondoned his stage plan a couple of times mid stage which was a learning experience. We've talked about sticking to a plan and staying in his wheelhouse, meaning a plan he can execute well. We will shoot one more club match and a "big" level 2 or his month. I'll try to get some video posted of him also.

Finally getting around to posting some videos. Attached is my sons 5th match which was the state match in 2017

Last edited by Quantrill; 12-28-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Here are a couple from 2018

2019 sample

That match today, he looked pretty damned solid.

Thanks!

The last two videos are from this fall. They’re all dated Dec 27th because my IT person/ wife just uploaded them to YT yesterday.

I thought I’d throw up a sample of videos to chart his progress since I started the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Thanks!

The last two videos are from this fall. They’re all dated Dec 27th because my IT person/ wife just uploaded them to YT yesterday.

I thought I’d throw up a sample of videos to chart his progress since I started the thread.
    His reloads are solid. Time to ditch the training wheels and move to production.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    His reloads are solid. Time to ditch the training wheels and move to production.
    He’s digging the 2011. We’re set to go major with it in 2020.

User Tag List