Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockwave vs Tac-14

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I want either as an under steering wheel gun...
    Wouldn't be bad overhead in vehicle w magnets...
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Wouldn't be bad overhead in vehicle w magnets...
    How is that set up? I am genuinely interested. How do you keep it from becoming a projectile in a wreck. What happens if you shoot steel shot? Does it turn you into some kind of superhero magnet man?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I haven't shot one myself but having watched a few videos of them online I'm convinced some sort of strap is an extremely good idea. The one on the Suarez looks like it would be uncomfortable. I wish Mossberg had used a Magpul fore end with a strap instead of their typical corncob one.
    I'm still debating on adding a foreend strap to my Tac 14; the m-lock swivels look to be uncomfortable and there isn't enough room to add a M-lock handstop and two swivels mounts. Right now I'm thinking of adding M-lock handguard to the handgrip, a Vang Comp +1 with a vertical sling mount, add a Limited travel OD sling hook to the rear of the Shockwave grip; by adding a sling I think this should pretty do the same as the handgrip strap.

Site Supporter
    I cannot imagine the sling being less comfortable than getting one's hand shot off if it slips in front of the barrel. This issue is real. I have read posts describing and seen photos showing severe damage to what was left of spmeone's hand after a Kel-Tec KSG had a vertical grip break off the pump handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

As someone who once got his hand in front of the muzzle of a 14" shotgun that had a round in the chamber and the safety off, I won't run one without a hand stop or strap.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I cannot imagine the sling being less comfortable than getting one's hand shot off if it slips in front of the barrel. This issue is real. I have read posts describing and seen photos showing severe damage to what was left of spmeone's hand after a Kel-Tec KSG had a vertical grip break off the pump handle.

https://www.thegunwriter.com/19139/a...ec-ksg-injury/
    Name:  keltec-injury-fixed-768x1024.jpg
Views: 2617
Size:  26.3 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    You can take the boy out of the armored truck, but you can't take the armored truck out of the boy
    Quite true. Despite my current vocation, shotgun riding is in my DNA, now.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Went to his website. Sweet sweet gun. Thats a tempting combo. Funny most guns I don't care what they look like but a shotgun is a different story. I think the plain barrel model would look great in wood with the ribbed forend.

Attachment 18112

What do you think of the hand strap? And the rib? Do you find it very helpful? Trying to balance one against the other here. I can get a barrel ported and backbored for 175 but that rib changes the whole gun. What is the POI on that gun in yards?
    I think it's useful. And here's why...

Stay with me here. When I'm drilling a hole in someone's tooth, I use what is called a, "finger rest," which means that I'm resting all the weight of my hand on the fingers I'm NOT using for a pinch grip, to stabilize the drill (it's actually called a rotary handpiece). I do this so if there is an earthquake (happened in TX...fracking) the power goes out (happened in nashville) or if an assistant or staff member bumps into me (happens daily), I don't get bumped off course and park the drill bit in the wrong angle at best, or into your eye (at worst).

I look at the handstrap and handstop in a similar way. Do I NEED them? For normal shooting, probably no. But if I need to use this gun IN EXTREMIS, it is designed for that purpose, and thus those features could prevent a negative outcome. If I get into a ECQC fight, and I get tied up and end up shooting my left hand away, it still, "counts," as a loss in my eyes. So, I use them, and I find value in them. Yes, there is an added expense, of a hundred dollars or so, but my left hand alone makes me several hundred thousand dollars a year that I would like to continue, thus, I consider the expense to be justified and prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Sherman, did you fab the hand strap? If so, describe parts, etc. ?

I could really use something like that on my work 870 which now has a 12.5 in. Witness Protection Scattergun Technologies barrel on it. Muzzle is flush with front of Magpul forearm. Needta find the original wood Wit Pro grip.
    Negative Sir. Got it from Suarez.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Went to his website. Sweet sweet gun. Thats a tempting combo. Funny most guns I don't care what they look like but a shotgun is a different story. I think the plain barrel model would look great in wood with the ribbed forend.

Attachment 18112

What do you think of the hand strap? And the rib? Do you find it very helpful? Trying to balance one against the other here. I can get a barrel ported and backbored for 175 but that rib changes the whole gun. What is the POI on that gun in yards?
    Also, the rib is just another way of providing correct vertical reference since you're missing the additional points of contact that a stock affords. So yes...I think it's valuable.

POI in yards...do you mean the pattern size?

User Tag List