Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockwave vs Tac-14

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Nice. Thanks for posting. What is the difference between the stakeout and the tac 14? Is that a 4 or 5 shot version? Is that factory porting?
    The "Stakeout" is a TAC-14 with some additional work by Suarez International, and the porting is an option from Suarez on other 870 barrels. https://suarezinternational.com/remi...auge-tier-one/ and https://suarezinternational.com/modi...o-14-stakeout/

I do like 870s though. Are the street prices of both turning out pretty similiar?

Ole Hickock hit pretty well with those slugs too! WAY out.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-14-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Nice. Thanks for posting. What is the difference between the stakeout and the tac 14? Is that a 4 or 5 shot version? Is that factory porting?
    It is a custom Tac14 from Suarez International. It has porting, backboring, FO front, oversized safety, upgraded trigger group, texturing and some kind of rust resistant coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    It is a custom Tac14 from Suarez International. It has porting, backboring, FO front, oversized safety, upgraded trigger group, texturing and some kind of rust resistant coating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Went to his website. Sweet sweet gun. Thats a tempting combo. Funny most guns I don't care what they look like but a shotgun is a different story. I think the plain barrel model would look great in wood with the ribbed forend.

Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 3156
Size:  7.4 KB

What do you think of the hand strap? And the rib? Do you find it very helpful? Trying to balance one against the other here. I can get a barrel ported and backbored for 175 but that rib changes the whole gun. What is the POI on that gun in yards?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I want either as an under steering wheel gun...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    You can take the boy out of the armored truck, but you can't take the armored truck out of the boy

What do you think of the hand strap? And the rib? Do you find it very helpful? Trying to balance one against the other here. I can get a barrel ported and backbored for 175 but that rib changes the whole gun. What is the POI on that gun in yards?
    I haven't shot one myself but having watched a few videos of them online I'm convinced some sort of strap is an extremely good idea. The one on the Suarez looks like it would be uncomfortable. I wish Mossberg had used a Magpul fore end with a strap instead of their typical corncob one.

Sherman, did you fab the hand strap? If so, describe parts, etc. ?

I could really use something like that on my work 870 which now has a 12.5 in. Witness Protection Scattergun Technologies barrel on it. Muzzle is flush with front of Magpul forearm. Needta find the original wood Wit Pro grip.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Sherman, did you fab the hand strap? If so, describe parts, etc. ?

I could really use something like that on my work 870 which now has a 12.5 in. Witness Protection Scattergun Technologies barrel on it. Muzzle is flush with front of Magpul forearm. Needta find the original wood Wit Pro grip.
    He got the gun from Shotgun Dynamics a division of Suarez international. The strap is an option. https://suarezinternational.com/shotgun-dynamics/ Customer service is mon - fri 10:00 am- 5:00 pm "Arizona" time. No kidding thats what it said on their recording. The cs number is (928) 776-4492

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I haven't shot one myself but having watched a few videos of them online I'm convinced some sort of strap is an extremely good idea. The one on the Suarez looks like it would be uncomfortable. I wish Mossberg had used a Magpul fore end with a strap instead of their typical corncob one.
    In Hickock45s video he said it was uncomfortable and he removed it from the mossberg. The one that Sherman has uses sling swivels which looks like it could be painful too.

User Tag List