Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Shockwave vs Tac-14

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I’ll save the comments...yes, the 80’s called and want their gun back. I used some Witness Protection type Guns in the 80’s and had Robar build custom ones for a couple of my SWAT guys. I am super Retro happy. Could care less how “practical” it is. It is cool as hell and when wielded by a large snowbeard who actually has a bit of real time running one when according to the internet, we had no clue what we were doing.
    Wood on these are awesome. Good looking gun.

The more I use mine, the more practical it becomes.

I have a bit of a benefit of actually testing these types of guns in the field and building different variants back in the late 80’s and early 90’s, as well as having solid contacts who had very extensive field use with them. It allows for the non-TV based reality of what they can and cannot do. Many of these guns are very specialized weapons. Normally, that is a negative, unless you don’t lie to yourself and use it in exactly the area that it is good for.

The one positive about tv and movie education is I know a vast majority of it is utter b.s., most crooks do not. Our guys who used these often saw that the crooks were intimidated by them. Most traditional shotguns used in police work are often handled like the sporting guns they are based on. Shotguns aggressively handled and used with solid gun handling is picked up on by crooks.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-17-2018 at 09:37 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

DB, your thoughts on 870 Tac 14 vs. ,V3 Tac 13 ?

Also general gun set up preferences please ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post

Thanks.
    Ummmhh....That post is from 2018, and DB hasn't been active here in a little while.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Post 183,
    Various choices are available regarding brand and model:
    -Remarms Tac-13
    -Remarms Tac-14
    -Mossberg Shockwave 14"

Set-up can be anything you want accessories and personal preference:
    -grips, stocks, slings, ammo carriers, lights, sights, etc.

My set-up and choices would likely be different from yours and not right or wrong.
    I can say I bought a Remington Tac-14, with its current configuration being a short-barrel-shotgun (SBS) with a straight-stock, although I've got a solid-pistol-grip-stock which I've swapped back and forth over the years (personal preference).

If I was to do it over, I'd probably choose the Mossberg Shockwave, as the company seems more stable, with potentially better support for parts and service.

I've not researched and have zero experience with Remarms' Tac-13 or its full-size V3 models.

Otherwise, buy one or even all of them; try them out; mod them as desired; and report back here with what you've learned and decided upon.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    He got the gun from Shotgun Dynamics a division of Suarez international. The strap is an option. https://suarezinternational.com/shotgun-dynamics/ Customer service is mon - fri 10:00 am- 5:00 pm "Arizona" time. No kidding thats what it said on their recording. The cs number is (928) 776-4492
    Well, since this threads been brought back from the dead, and I'm going to buy some version of these little 12 ga. to carry as a "bigger than a handgun" on a motorcycle as I have a place it'll fit I read thru it.
    I can address the "Arizona time" because it's a real thing, not that anybody is interested
    AZ never adopted Daylight Savings Time, so part of the year we are synced with MST, part of the year our clocks read the same as Pacific time zone. The (large) Navajo rez DID adopt DST so there's that.

Site Supporter
    Not DB but I do have all three of them. If you are leaving them with the birdshead grip, the mossberg is the clear winner due to the placement of the safety. You also have a front sight that can be replaced very easy, which you need as the front sights on these guns are way to small and hard to see if you are trying to actually aim it. The Tac-13 shoos the softest, but there is some ammo it won't run reliably (It sometimes chokes on 8 pellet flight control which is my preferred shotgun load). The tac-14 does take mini shells without any modification, but I think they make an "S" version now that takes the short shells without modification. If you are going to SBS it, I would go with the tac-13 and call it good. The vent rib gives you a lot more options for sights and mine was also tapped for optics rail which my shockwave and tac-14 are not.

Shockwave wears a big green dot front, Tac-14 has a glue on XS dot (so far it has held up to a few hundred rounds) and the tac-13 is stock with a Demonstrated concepts hand strap. All of my shotguns use velcro shot cards so I can move the card to the shotgun I would be using.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post

Thanks.

User Tag List