Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockwave vs Tac-14

The neat thing about the rail is, it's a tad higher off the deck of the receiver, so a little easier to hold the shockwave overall. As you noticed this thing seems to shoot high, so a little rail height might help that aspect. Finally if you had a laser with a quick release and holds zero when removed/reinstalled, you could add/subtract it as needed, converting it from a sight aimed weapon to park the dot one.

If there's one thing I'm sure of, people will be dickering with setups for this thing for quite some time, simply because no one really knows how to use it yet, but everyone gets the sense it *is* useful. Given that i'm of the opinion it's one of the most interesting firearms to be made in awhile.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 03-02-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've been pondering possible ghetto rear-sight reference setups like paint on the receiver or something to try and produce a similar effect to give that crucial read on alignment that you need when you don't have the shoulder mount. I might have to take a look at using the rail for that...
    Tim...I put a, “double size,” brass bead on mine. It came from Suarez with a FO tube, which with the porting, became unusable as a FO after two rounds, because of the soot buildup. The brass bead is easy enough to pickup, doesn’t get sooty (appreciably) and is more mechanically stable than the tube.

I think the knack to shooting these short blunderbusses sans stock is having a, “compound bow,” like reference, and a crush grip on both ends to keep from getting rapped in the mustache by a loosely held gun.

civiliandefender.com

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Tim...I put a, “double size,” brass bead on mine. It came from Suarez with a FO tube, which with the porting, became unusable as a FO after two rounds, because of the soot buildup. The brass bead is easy enough to pickup, doesn’t get sooty (appreciably) and is more mechanically stable than the tube.

I think the knack to shooting these short blunderbusses sans stock is having a, “compound bow,” like reference, and a crush grip on both ends to keep from getting rapped in the mustache by a loosely held gun.

civiliandefender.com
    Seems that way.

Although I'm hoping to explore what low recoil Remington LE buckshot does in them. 77GrnOption let me fire a few rounds of that when I was out at his place in December and it was the softest shooting 12 gauge buckshot I've ever tried. If that holds true with the ammo I bought then these things become pussycats to shoot. I'll hopefully be able to test that out soon and report back.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Remington will soon be offering a hardwood stock version of the TAC-14.

I struggle to identify the need, but the want is VERY strong! Looks like MSRP of $499 and street price around the $400 mark.

Attachment 23630

I do not own an 870 currently, but change out that sling for a bandolier and I'm all about it - with the Mag extension, although I am hard pressed to own anything from Remington lately because of QC reports from many places, that thing is about as close as you're going to get to Kyle Reese's sawed off in The Terminator -

civiliandefender.com
    I was thinking along the lines of the XS Big Dot.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I was thinking along the lines of the XS Big Dot.
    The problem I see with XS big dots for shotguns is that they don’t stay in place. The epoxy on models come off with normal handling. The brass bead threads on. It’s not coming off easily.

civiliandefender.com

The problem I see with XS big dots for shotguns is that they don’t stay in place. The epoxy on models come off with normal handling. The brass bead threads on. It’s not coming off easily.
    Good data point. I was not aware of this. I'd had one installed on an agency 590DA1 and liked it very much, but have since left that agency.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Vang Comp will silver-solder Remington rifle sights on the Shockwave for around $200. If one was serious about using one of these as a defensive weapon I'd have them perform that service and I'd put XS' Remington rifle sights on it.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have shot most things in the shooting world from black powder to FA but I raise my hand and admit that the entirety of the shotgun category is a very shallow pool of experience for me. Lets just say that im a VERY late bloomer in this category. I picked up an 870 Police Magnum and a FN SLP. I really like the SLP.(wasn't spending Benneli money just yet and got a great deal on the FN). Picked up a shockwave more as a 2 finger salute to the state of NJ and after watching some reviews I could actually see the utility of it.

Enter the Origin. That piece just gives me the wants!!!! But Im trying to rationalize the utility of it. I guess it has the same merits of a shockwave. But ticket for admission is rather high. I guess where I really get wrapped around the axle is trying to figure out when I would actually pick this tool over my Tavor? (other than just the fun of shooting it)

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    I have shot most things in the shooting world from black powder to FA but I raise my hand and admit that the entirety of the shotgun category is a very shallow pool of experience for me. Lets just say that im a VERY late bloomer in this category. I picked up an 870 Police Magnum and a FN SLP. I really like the SLP.(wasn't spending Benneli money just yet and got a great deal on the FN). Picked up a shockwave more as a 2 finger salute to the state of NJ and after watching some reviews I could actually see the utility of it.

Enter the Origin. That piece just gives me the wants!!!! But Im trying to rationalize the utility of it. I guess it has the same merits of a shockwave. But ticket for admission is rather high. I guess where I really get wrapped around the axle is trying to figure out when I would actually pick this tool over my Tavor? (other than just the fun of shooting it)
    Any test reliable data on one ?

User Tag List