Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockwave vs Tac-14

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    FYI, the TAC-14 Hardwood is starting to show up Gunbroker. Which means they might start shipping soon.

Attachment 27973
    My FFL buddy called me about 10 minutes ago saying that exactly one was in stock at a large distributor. By the time I could tell him 'shut up and take my money' it was gone.

No idea how good these are, or how good the company is. If you are looking for a semi auto though, this may be a choice.... http://www.blackacestactical.com/pro...e-semi-non-nfa

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    back in the 1900s
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Back in the 1900's
    Would you guys quit saying that?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I took a look at the Suarez folding brace. I like the idea, but the OAL of the TAC-14 with the brace folded is twenty-four inches per the Suarez International web site. Part of the TAC-14 not being under the auspices of the NFA is the OAL is greater than twenty-six inches. Does that mean adding the folding brace to the NFA is "making" an AOW? No need to shoulder or not as the OAL per the manufacturer is less than the required twenty-six inches. The Suarez web site says the measurement is done with the stock NOT folded, but I cannot find any regulation or BATFE BATD letter than mentions folded or unfolded. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I took a look at the Suarez folding brace. I like the idea, but the OAL of the TAC-14 with the brace folded is twenty-four inches per the Suarez International web site. Part of the TAC-14 not being under the auspices of the NFA is the OAL is greater than twenty-six inches. Does that mean adding the folding brace to the NFA is "making" an AOW? No need to shoulder or not as the OAL per the manufacturer is less than the required twenty-six inches. The Suarez web site says the measurement is done with the stock NOT folded, but I cannot find any regulation or BATFE BATD letter than mentions folded or unfolded. Thoughts?
    Black Aces has been building “firearms” in 12ga with folding braces for a while and have a letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I feel like folding braces have become the new voodoo from the 2016 "OMG CANT SHOULDER A BRACE THE ATF WILL COME SHOOT MY DOG"

SB Tactical has made folding braces for quite some time now as well (thanks for the Black Aces reference above) - I don't see the HK owners selling their SP5K folding braces in droves.

A folding brace made for storage or transport does not redesign the original use of the brace which is used in an extended folding position for firing, whether through the arm section or shouldered. Don't buy into the voodoo. If you want a folding brace then get it and if you want to shoulder it have at it. We need to stop talking like we are so scared of the ATF and their opinion letters, you aren't committing a felony or making an NFA item by installing a folding brace.
    Last edited by ricky_bobby; 08-01-2018 at 09:48 AM.

I wish I didn't start reading this post. I had convinced myself these things were useless, now I gotta have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    I wish I didn't start reading this post. I had convinced myself these things were useless, now I gotta have one.
    Same here man the Michael Bane Podcast pushed me over the deep end . This you tube video shows it braced very nice package . I ordered the TAC 14 (Great Price) and the SB Tactical SBM4 kit and the scattergun technologies plus 1 Brownells had a sweet coupon code yesterday. Anybody know much about the Scattergun tech plus one heard it can be a pain to install ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py6JdfmZ1bI&t=127s

Quote Originally Posted by BenM2Tac View Post
    Anybody know much about the Scattergun tech plus one heard it can be a pain to install ?
    If your gun comes with a dimpled magazine tube, need to get rid of them. I used a swage for mine... easy, just needed to use grease.

However, some of the new variations that Remington released had the plus one already installed. If that is the case, then just swap. I like the Wilson one better.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    If your gun comes with a dimpled magazine tube, need to get rid of them. I used a swage for mine... easy, just needed to use grease.

However, some of the new variations that Remington released had the plus one already installed. If that is the case, then just swap. I like the Wilson one better.
    I agree, either the Wilson +1 or the S&J Hardware +1 are the top extensions that I would spend money on.

PSA had a great daily deal a few weeks ago for $269 shipped for a regular Tac-14 - If I was planning on bracing it, I would get the Tac14 just because of Remington's safety location.

Here is my "If I can land a $270 Tac-14" build/price list:

-Mag Extension +1 - $55
    -SBA3 Brace kit (new hotness, adjustable on a mil spec tube!) - $130
    -Mesa LEO Adapter - $80

The best price I've seen on the "factory brace" version is about $520 or so, this would put me right in line with that, but I'd get my preferred mag extension and SBA3 arm brace for it. Maybe throw an M-lok hand stop and XS big dot sight on it.

I've been on a shotgun kick lately, I think I will do this Tac14 build, and get a Shockwave and keep it with the Raptor grip, Black Aces just came out with gorgeous checkered walnut furniture for it.

User Tag List