Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockwave vs Tac-14

Regarding the discomfort of the swivels used to attached the strap to the fore-end: Some old-school Laser Products/Surefire shotgun fore-end Weaponlights, such as the one on my wife's 870, attached the strap with small bolts. (Her "Baby" has an 18" barrel.) I see no reason this cannot be user-replicated with Magpul fore-ends, by drilling holes in the ample real estate available. I might dispense with the bolts, and use paracord lacing.
    Last edited by Rex G; 07-15-2017 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Also, the rib is just another way of providing correct vertical reference since you're missing the additional points of contact that a stock affords. So yes...I think it's valuable.

POI in yards...do you mean the pattern size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I handled a shockwave today and immediately saw that a rib would be a nice addition.

At what yardage do POA/POI converge? When a rib is installed on a shotgun they ask you what yardage you want this convergence to be. I was wondering how it is set on yours.

So the strap set up on the suarez gun doesn't cause discomfort while shooting? If you get time could you post a better pic of the strap setup?
    Last edited by UNK; 07-15-2017 at 12:49 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Regarding the discomfort of the swivels used to attached the strap to the fore-end: Some old-school Laser Products/Surefire shotgun fore-end Weaponlights, such as the one on my wife's 870, attached the strap with small bolts. (Her "Baby" has an 18" barrel.) I see no reason this cannot be user-replicated with Magpul fore-ends, by drilling holes in the ample real estate available. I might dispense with the bolts, and use paracord lacing.
    If you have time could you post a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I handled a shockwave today and immediately saw that a rib would be a nice addition.

At what yardage do POA/POI converge? When a rib is installed on a shotgun they ask you what yardage you want this convergence to be. I was wondering how it is set on yours.

So the strap set up on the suarez gun doesn't cause discomfort while shooting? If you get time could you post a better pic of the strap setup?
    I don't know about the rob convergence. When I pattern a gun, I aim at the "-O" on the IDPA target. If the pattern dissolves the POA out to 10 yards, and keeps everything else in that 8" circle out to 25, I don't get much more analytical than that.

As far as discomfort goes, I mean, it's a short shotgun. I would equate the discomfort I get to be equal to what I feel with lifting heavily knurled 35 pound dumbells after a session. Comfortable? No? Tolerable? Yes. Will they raise a callouse or cause an abrasion? Sometimes. Nut up a little, rub some dirt on it, and press on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I don't know about the rob convergence. When I pattern a gun, I aim at the "-O" on the IDPA target. If the pattern dissolves the POA out to 10 yards, and keeps everything else in that 8" circle out to 25, I don't get much more analytical than that.

As far as discomfort goes, I mean, it's a short shotgun. I would equate the discomfort I get to be equal to what I feel with lifting heavily knurled 35 pound dumbells after a session. Comfortable? No? Tolerable? Yes. Will they raise a callouse or cause an abrasion? Sometimes. Nut up a little, rub some dirt on it, and press on.

Thanks a lot Mr House. Most helpful. I thought wrongly that the slings keepers themselves would be painful. Great pic.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Sherman, did you fab the hand strap? If so, describe parts, etc. ?

I could really use something like that on my work 870 which now has a 12.5 in. Witness Protection Scattergun Technologies barrel on it. Muzzle is flush with front of Magpul forearm. Needta find the original wood Wit Pro grip.
    That is an awesome gun. Could you take a pic of the hand stop/sling holder? Also does yours have screw in chokes?

I just picked up a Shockwave instead of the Tac-14, the Mossberg can shoot the 1.75 inch shells with a $10 adapter from OPsol, and does so with this particular gun with no issues. Recoil isn't bad as the guns not mounted against anything but your hand and moves freely. I'm not sure I'd use these little shells off the range but with with the OPsol adapter in place the Shockwave holds 10 rounds in the gun. I'm adding a big dot front sight over the factory bead and a generic web sling and shooting it that way. I actually like the standard corn cob forend on the Shockwave better than the magpul, it brings the bulk on the front of the gun down. The way Mossberg attached the strap on the Shockwave would work find on the Magpul forend as well, just drill the holes, the mossberg method is about as low tech as you can imagine.

It fits in or on a standard day pack or in your boat or truck with no issues. I can see this gun making a lot of trips with me a standard shotgun wouldn't.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TACCOM-Remin...QAAOSwTY9ZaTZl

Wonder if this works better on a Magpul forearm than the hand strap setup that comes with a Mossberg shockwave.

It looks smoother on the bottom than the Mossberg strap, the screw heads are side by side on the shockwave instead of inline like those are on the magpul strap you linked.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List