Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shockwave vs Tac-14

Shockwave vs Tac-14

Wanted to start a thread on these two jewels.
    Like to hear if you are interested, planning to buy, have bought, shooting impressions etc etc.
    https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590-shockwave/
    Name:  50659-catalog.jpg
Views: 4473
Size:  41.9 KB
    https://www.remington.com/other-prod...del-870-tac-14
    Name:  870 TAC-14 Beauty Shot with shadow.png
Views: 4741
Size:  91.8 KB

Clint Smith video

Hickok45
    Last edited by UNK; 07-13-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

On the Mossberg version, I'm wondering if it has a plastic trigger guard and safety or aluminum. On the Remington side, I am betting it has express internals that would need upgrading to police model specs. Both would likely need tweaks. I'm interested once TX makes them legal 1 Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    On the Mossberg version, I'm wondering if it has a plastic trigger guard and safety or aluminum.
    A "standard" 590 has metal trigger guard and safety, I would ass-you-me the Shockwave would as well.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

The Mossie on my short list. For a fun gun of this ilk I prefer the old school styling of it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It's pretty much the 870 vs 500 debate. My preference is for Mossbergs so I want to get the Shockwave.

My 870 Tac 14 has plastic triggerguard. I fitted a Vang safety, Wilson +1 mag extension and am putting in a Volquartsen extractor. I used a round rod mandrel and a smooth face hammer to remove the magazine tube dents. Basic hammer and dolly work.

About 70 rounds of buckshot is about all I wanted to shoot at one time. Federal 15 pellet #1B seems to pattern as well as with an 18" barrel.

I went 870 because of 40+ years of using them. Really wish they had built it on a police model.
    Last edited by 1slow; 07-13-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    A "standard" 590 has metal trigger guard and safety, I would ass-you-me the Shockwave would as well.
    I thought that was the 590A1, but 590 was still plastic?

I've a 18.5 500 ATP Mossberg bought for $119 on sale in Yuba City CA BigR store in 1979. Great for rabbits in brush or skeet if you're not refined.

Haven't fooled with it in years.

May try the concept in a longer hybrid: Shockwave Grip and Magpul forearm. Could always do a AOW for $5 and an 8-month wait.

Call it the Shock-TAC.

Dip it Kryptek Inferno or Yeti; make folks uneasy.
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

On the Mossberg version, I'm wondering if it has a plastic trigger guard and safety or aluminum. On the Remington side, I am betting it has express internals that would need upgrading to police model specs. Both would likely need tweaks. I'm interested once TX makes them legal 1 Sept.
    As a Texas resident, I would appreciate any info you could share. I have had a half-dozen friends ask me about this, and would love a link to the specific law. Was it something in the last legislative session that Gov. Abbott just signed?

Thanks very much for the heads up, and stay safe.

I thought that was the 590A1, but 590 was still plastic?
    That is correct, although I have seen one 590 that came from the factory with metal.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List