Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Presidential Election.

Here in NH, my impression is that Huntsman seems like the best of the current herd. He's been consistent, he thinks before he talks, and he doesn't pretend he has all the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Here in NH, my impression is that Huntsman seems like the best of the current herd. He's been consistent, he thinks before he talks, and he doesn't pretend he has all the answers.
    That must be why he got 0.6% of the caucus vote in Iowa...

At this point I just hope that we can hang together in the long run instead of trying to cut each other's throat in pursuit of power.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I was initially pretty concerned about Dr. Paul's stance on foreign policy issues. I figured that from my point of view, his domestic policies were so in line where I am coming from, I would listen to what he had to say. After truly listening to his stances on foreign and military issues, I have no real problem with where he is coming from. I noticed that what he was saying didn't exactly gel with what his opponents and the media quoted him as saying. I don't believe he is the pansy he is made out to be.
    I will vote for anyone who runs against the current communist regime in the White House, but I truly believe that Dr. Paul is the only one of them concerned about our freedom and The Constitution.
    I guess in the end, it's all a crap-shoot.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

I'll be voting for Ron Paul. Top 2 Iowa frontrunners no better than Obama Light on guns.

“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts,” Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen’s groups and gun safety advocates. “These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”
    But is Santorum the answer for gun owners? Hardly, if history is any guide. Gun Owners of America points out that in 1999, Santorum voted for a bill that would have, had it become law, done the following (and these are just the "highlights"):

•Banned private sales at gun shows
    •Exposed gun owners who hadn't used gun locks on their handguns to threat of civil liability for what a thief does with their guns
    •Banned importation of 11-round and larger magazines
    •Massively increased funding for the BATFE

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Ron Paul...well...the guy's just hopeless. Some of his domestic ideas are great ideas, but then he has to go and ruin it with a foreign policy that couldn't work in Narnia, much less the world we're facing.
    I suggest watching this 20 minute interview with Michael Scheuer, former head of the Osama Bin Laden CIA unit.

Here's an article written by Michael Scheuer on foreign policy and Ron Paul. http://lewrockwell.com/scheuer/scheuer12.1.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I think I'm just going to walk into my polling place, poop on the floor, and wait to get arrested.
    LMFAO!

Gary Johnson (L)

Fuck the GOP Presidential candidates and fuck Obama.
    I'm done voting for "the guy who sucks less", at least when it comes to President.
    When Johnson was Governor of NM he didn't pander for votes or sell out. He governed in the states best interest rather than his own.
    Pretty good guy who LOVES to throw down a veto.
    I don't agree with him on everything, but he's close enough for government work as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    It's a shame he wasn't included in the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Gary Johnson (L)

Fuck the GOP Presidential candidates and fuck Obama.
    I'm done voting for "the guy who sucks less", at least when it comes to President.
    When Johnson was Governor of NM he didn't pander for votes or sell out. He governed in the states best interest rather than his own.
    Pretty good guy who LOVES to throw down a veto.
    I don't agree with him on everything, but he's close enough for government work as far as I'm concerned.
    Jody while I agree with your sentiments whole heartedly, reality is any vote for someone other than the GOP candidate is a vote for BHO. We can't chance another 4 years of Obama and his pack of dirtbags. I'm truly afraid the GOP hasn't put forward anyone who can beat BHO. It's going to be close.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    Jody while I agree with your sentiments whole heartedly, reality is any vote for someone other than the GOP candidate is a vote for BHO. We can't chance another 4 years of Obama and his pack of dirtbags. I'm truly afraid the GOP hasn't put forward anyone who can beat BHO. It's going to be close.
    Don't care anymore.
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.
    The GOP keeps going further and further left, despite things like the Tea Party groundswell last election.
    They completely lost me this year when Romney became the "chosen one".
    NM will go to Obama this year because of Gary Johnson... and I'm ok with that.
    At least I'm voting my conscious.

User Tag List