Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Run Beretta M9 Project

Greatly appreciate the info--another example of P-F at its best. Will give the larger Beretta release a shot...my skill with a file is questionable, but I have abundant profanity to bring to bear. Onwards to order up a set of the Langdon grips. Thanks again, everyone.

Grips and release ordered! Beretta was out of stock on the trigger springs, but FWIW, Brownells is running their free shipping no minimum deal through tomorrow, 26 NOV (code MEC). I'll drop them a note and suggest they offer the Wilson chrome silicon trigger spring as a stocked item in the future. PNs for the factory spring and slotted grip screws:

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...929-57816.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...316-57720.aspx
    Last edited by Gater; 11-25-2017 at 08:28 AM.

I put another 120 round through the M9 today. My trigger control was much improved. I really like this pistol. No problems with the decocker this time so it appears to be “breaking in”.

Does anyone know if the slide on the Langdon M9 is milled as a G model or is it an FS model with the G conversion installed at the factory? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I believe that the first one is the one use by Ernest on the M9 (and Wilson Combat on the BrigTac and CenTac-that they're an OEM Beretta component and one utilized on a production gun is how the guns can use them as a magazine release and still be Stock Service Pistol legal (conversely, if you utilize one of WC's similar, but Wilson-produced extended releases {like I do with their round, extended, checkered release} you're automatically bumped into the Extended Service Pistol IDPA division-for some, that's a really bad thing, for me, it really didn't make a difference, as I really like the WC component).

The bottom release has the same uncheckered surface as the Beretta standard release, but it's extended in length. It also would allow a gun to be SSP legal. Personally, while either are perfectly do-able as releases, I prefer the checkering, and the extended width of the first is probably a nice plus as well.

While either may require some minor use of profanities and possibly some minor file work to fit, I suspect that as OEM Beretta components they have a greater likelihood of being drop-in than the WC components (at least judging by my experience, and the experiences of pretty much everyone who reviewed the WC extended, rounded and checkered release on the WC site).

Best, Jon
    the checkered extended mag release is a Beretta factory part, so if you use that, you stay in SSP in IDPA. but if you go with the Wilson extended mag release, then that puts you into ESP in IDPA, since it is an aftermarket part.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    I put another 120 round through the M9 today. My trigger control was much improved. I really like this pistol. No problems with the decocker this time so it appears to be “breaking in”.

Does anyone know if the slide on the Langdon M9 is milled as a G model or is it an FS model with the G conversion installed at the factory? Just curious.
    FS model with the conversion kit.

Is this the mag release that is used on the Langdon M9? I'd like to order one for my 92G but the picture looks different than the one on my Langdon M9

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...button/c86992/

Is this the mag release that is used on the Langdon M9? I'd like to order one for my 92G but the picture looks different than the one on my Langdon M9

Yes that’s it
    Shoot more, post less...

Sent you a PM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Sent you a PM.
    Replied

Shot my LTT M9 alongside my P30L this morning. Trying to figure out what I’m gonna shoot this weekend in the LTT class.

Really liking this M9. I dropped in a 14# hammer spring yesterday and the fluted guide rod. Didn’t have time to swap rear sights but I’m digging this setup with the 14# spring. The DA is *almost* as good as my action tuned Brig Tac. No ignition problems with the factory hammer and I shot Winchester 124 NATO.

Set a PR on 10/10 @ 25Y on a 8” plate. 10.13 seconds. Best time with the P30L was 14.38 but I think the wide front sight on the 30L was the limiting factor there.

The only thing I don’t like about this gun is the non-flared magwell. The reloads have to be perfectly indexed or they’ll hang up. I’ve only got 300 through the M9 so far but my magwell is already dinged up. Oh well.

Last change I’m gonna do when I get time is to install the Wilson rear sight. Calling it good after that.

The LTT M9 is a great example of everything you need and nothing you don’t in a hard use B92. I’m glad I re-ordered this one.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List