Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Run Beretta M9 Project

Hammertime
    Ordered. Because PF groupthink/peer pressure, and I am greatly impressed by the PX4s.

Reserved.

This is the first gun I have purchased in over 2 years. I'm pretty excited. I now need to go sell some things.

-Cory

Why slotted screws?

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have spent quite a bit of time with both guns. The PX4 includes updated designs that the 92 mags do not have. While I understand the desire to say with the 92 mags, they are basically at least a 40-year-old design that is based on an 80-year-old design (browning high power).

The PX4 mags include some modern things, like nesting springs and updated follower design. Both of which lead to higher capacity. Also, the PX4 mags have a ribbed side wall to the magazine. This ribbed side wall does at least two things for the magazine. One; makes it stronger and less likely to bulge out or be deformed. Two; gives a place for sand and dirt to go inside the magazine and allows the rounds to roll up and feed easier in a dirty magazine. This ribbed side wall shows up in later 92 mag designs like the M9A1 sand mags, the 92A1 17 round mags, and the M9A1 mags.

I am by no means saying the 92 mags are a bad design. Simply stating that staying with that design on a completely new pistol would have been a little silly for Beretta.

I also consider magazines a disposable item for the most part. Even though I have some that have outlasted the gun. Maybe that is just a mindset that is a carry over from all my years shooting ARs?
    All perfectly understandable and I'm of the same mindset. Magazines are consumables, but when I have over thirty of one type already it would just be easier. I have yet to try the PX4, maybe out of fear that I'll have to spend more money.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I have spent quite a bit of time with both guns. The PX4 includes updated designs that the 92 mags do not have. While I understand the desire to say with the 92 mags, they are basically at least a 40-year-old design that is based on an 80-year-old design (browning high power).
    You and I have talked about the PX4 in Massachusetts before. If the PX4 used 92 (or a version did), Beretta would sell a metric Shit-ton of them. Because of the magazines restrictions only "standard" capacity mags available are Glock, Beretta, and SIG (for the most part). I've got a number of 92 mags as it is. With the PX4, I'm limited to 10 round mags.

Oh well, hopes and dreams in one hand and shit in the other...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    OK, it is done. Bud's gun shop is going to have the "Langdon M9"

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...s_id=411557877

Bud's is known for keeping the pricing low and giving good deals. Hopefully, that will be the case here.

Go get it guys!
    So when does Hickok45 review it?
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 07-27-2017 at 12:27 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Why slotted screws?
    More easily tightened in the field is why I prefer them.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Plus, hex head screws are inherently weaker and easy to snap the head off of. Slotted only on a gun meant for any serious use.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Plus, hex head screws are inherently weaker and easy to snap the head off of. Slotted only on a gun meant for any serious use.
    Serious or sarchastic? If serious I learned something new today...
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Okay, so this will be a field gun then?

User Tag List