Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Run Beretta M9 Project

Wrong thread!
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 07-14-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Yes please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

This is an M9 with some cool accessories at hopefully a sub $700 price point.

I am proposing building a batch of them with the mods that I would like to see added to the M9 as it sits, at a really good price.
    What you're proposing is my carry gun (92F-D-G) at less than the cost of modding a 92FS, so yeah, I'm in on one or two.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I've been holding off buying a DA/SA to try. I want something different than my Glock's and I think this would be great for dipping my toes into the hammer waters. I'll follow along with how this plays out.

No matter what configuration. It's 2017, no reason to not have a dovetailed front sight on any Beretta 92.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't interest me. If I buy an M9/M9A1 it'll be because I'm also a collector and I want what the military has. Otherwise I want a dovetailed front sight. I do appreciate the thought and effort though.

Yours-- Mine

LTT G10 Grips -- Hogue

Steel Trigger -- Steel trigger (have Wilson, but Beretta steel trigger would be fine)

D Hammer Spring -- 13 pound spring (I have weak hands, and my gun rarely goes off road)

Wilson Rear Sight -- Stock, but wouldn't mind a wider notch (I shoot a bit out of the notch to get a clear focus)

Extended Mag Button -- Stock, but it IS a bit hard to reach

G Lever -- Still using the F lever, but carrying off safe so same difference

Orange Painted front sight dot -- Not my favorite, sorry, personal preference would be green fiber optic

What I like about your proposal is that your choices are all very low-cost high-value options.

You are wise.

May I suggest you include an Inox trigger and hammer? The contrasting bits with custom grips would give your new model a distinctive and memorable look. Good luck.
    Last edited by CommanderCrusty; 07-16-2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: HTML

Ernest: I think this is a great idea and I'll be a buyer. Who today wouldn't like a Colt 1911 made in 1945 that was an upgraded version (better sights and trigger) of the GI gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Ernest: I think this is a great idea and I'll be a buyer. Who today wouldn't like a Colt 1911 made in 1945 that was an upgraded version (better sights and trigger) of the GI gun?
    Well, there are the Colt Series 70 Repros...(couldn't resist).

Best, Jon

OK, it does look like this will happen. I should have some pictures to post of a prototype soon. I think the plan is to run it through a single distributor that can handle individual orders and that should help keep the price down as well. Single step distribution basically.

Stand by, hopefully, I will have good news soon with specific details.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List