Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What Gender Are You ?

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    I'm puzzled as to why they threw in East Indians/South Asians, Amer Indians, and Hawaiians in the mix.
    Those are specific terms for "non-traditional gender roles" in those societies, although I am puzzled why they didn't simply say "Berdache" for Native Americans...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Those are specific terms for "non-traditional gender roles" in those societies, although I am puzzled why they didn't simply say "Berdache" for Native Americans...
    Thanks.

Thanks+ for not going into the details. I don't think I wanna know.

Vida Loca, eh?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Vida Loca, eh?
    Is that half Chicano, half Canadian ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Apparently it is considered "offensive" and has been replaced by "Two Spirit".

The term berdache originates from the Arabic word bardaj (“slave” or “kept boy”). That word spread into western Europe, as a result of contact with the Muslim world, and became the Spanish term bardaxa/bardaje (person engaging in sodomy) and then the French term bardache (a boy kept by a pederast). While the Spanish and French originally used the term for male transvestites or the passive partner in sex between males, anthropologists later applied the term berdache to American Indians who assumed the dress, social status, and role of the opposite sex.
    Finding that the Western terms, concepts, and identities, such as gay, lesbian, transgender, and intersex emphasized the physical and sexual at the expense of the spiritual (which was the essence of Native traditions), they sought a term that would reconnect gender or sexual identity with Native identity and culture. In 1990, at the third annual American Indian gay and lesbian conference in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, the term two-spirit was designated as a replacement for berdache
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/berdache

A notable Crow Berdache Osh-Tisch (1854-1929) was apparently a fierce known as "Finds Them and Kills Them."
    Last edited by HCM; 07-12-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    I get religious people can be goofy. Specifically talking about Judeo-Christian faiths.

However, the death of traditional religion in the west has led to the most insane forms of new cults/religions/value systems. These make the guys preaching in the middle of the street about the end coming soon look sane and normal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    They left out male and female. Are those not considered genders in the new gender rainbow?
    Most (all) of those choices are not gender, they're gender references based off an individuals birth gender, which is not a question that is asked on that page.

Declaring one's self cisgender, for example, requires further clarification as to birth gender.

I was in China last week and had a discussion on this issue with a Chinese colleague. He said "these fuckin people don't have to worry about putting food in their mouth so they have time for this shit. The Chinese would kick your ass for wasting their time with this."... He studied in the US and UK so he's current on his colloquial euphemisms.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I try to be at least somewhat polite and open minded when it comes to the way other people live their lives so long as their choices don't affect me, but this sort of nonsense makes me want to say fuck all that and go live in a cave.
    Last edited by ReverendMeat; 07-12-2017 at 06:03 PM.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

It looks like (CAFAB) means female and (CAMAB) is male.

"Coercively assigned male/ female at birth".

They just couldn’t say male or female.

It makes it sound like your mom and dad were mean to you by telling you what sex you are.
    Last edited by 5pins; 07-12-2017 at 06:24 PM.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I couldn't care less what they want to call themselves, it's all narcissistic anyway, since it's about what they feel about themselves, not what they do.

It's still not that complicated:
    -Want to have sex with people of the same sex: homosexual
    -Want to have sex with people of the opposite sex: heterosexual
    -Want to have sex with people of either sex: bisexual
    -Don't want to have sex: asexual
    Anything else is a fetish.

They want to go through life calling themselves anything on that list, no one will stop them but when it will actually come to being an adult and have serious relationships, their encounter with reality is likely to be troublesome.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List