Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What Gender Are You ?

What Gender Are You ?

I believe that there is a small percentage of the population who are genuinely suffering because they believe they were born into the wrong body.

I do not understand why hormonal treatments and radical surgery are considered to be preferable to cognitive therapy to help those people adjust to and be as comfortable as possible in the body they actually have.

I'm willing to learn on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TR675; 07-15-2017 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I do not understand why hormonal treatments and radical surgery are considered to be preferable to cognitive therapy to help those people adjust to and be as comfortable as possible in the body they actually have.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I was just thinking the other day how quickly we adapt to the new and strange. It wasn't that long ago that someone with green hair and a nose ring would have been regarded as some sort of freak. Now there's someone with green hair and a nose ring running the cash register at the local grocery store, and she's just a normal high school kid who happens to like hair color and odd jewelry.
    As a friend of mine put it: "In twenty years, a young woman is going to be applying for a job as a bank teller and in the interview, the Branch Manager is going to say 'Well, your resume and your references are impeccable, but...well...I couldn't help but notice that you don't have any visible tattoos or piercings, and that might make some of our older and more conservative customers uncomfortable..."
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'm not posting this to make a statement, I just thought it was funny. From CNN:

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who is at the center of controversy over a bill that regulates bathroom use for transgender people, posed alongside a woman from San Antonio.

A day later, the woman, Ashley Smith, shared the photo on social media.

"How will the Potty Police know I'm transgender if the Governor doesn't," Smith captioned the photo, which has the hashtag #BATHROOMBUDDY.
    Name:  bathroom.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  65.8 KB

Any politician from any party getting embarrassed is a win in my book.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    About Tam's post. We hired a new president who was opinionated to say the least. He wrote an OP-ed in the school newspaper denouncing tattoos. The students basically thought he was a get off my lawn old fart. This was a personal test and he got fired for being less than a successful people person and administrator. No loss.

Interesting that the TX legislature leaps into action to protect the Texas urination processes but does little on some gun issues. Maybe they should propose Constitutional Urination and Carry together?

Everyone's tattoo makes them unique, just like everyone else's.

I was born in the wrong decade by about 50 or 60 years. My generation is topping the charts on the retard scale in many, many fields. I find Tam's quote quite depressingly realistic.
    Last edited by Peally; 07-20-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Everyone's tattoo makes them unique, just like everyone else's.

I was born in the wrong decade by about 50 or 60 years. My generation is topping the charts on the retard scale in many, many fields. I find Tam's quote quite depressingly realistic.
    I'm sort of jealous. The only household members with ink have been my dogs. Then again, I'm happy not to have undergone what they did to be so marked.

I wonder if the spaying / neutering rendered them the same gender. Nah, actually I never have.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So you'd trade contemporary frivolity and excess for overt misogyny, homophobia, and racism? Dunno how I'd feel about that trade.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 07-20-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    So you'd trade contemporary frivolity and excess for overt misogyny, homophobia, and racism? Dunno how I'd feel about that trade.
    Fortunately in the 50s we could dress classy, atrocities of popular style like the Nissan Cube didn't exist, and the top music wasn't whatever the hell that vomit of noise on my radio is.

Also, RELAX FRANCIS
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

the top music wasn't whatever the hell that vomit of noise on my radio is.
    You say that, yet the music at the top of the charts are actually garbage, generally, e.g., "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)", "The Purple People Eater", etc. We simply view past musical selections through rose-tinted glasses, as people only remain aware of the great hits of the era.

Also, RELAX FRANCIS
    Honestly, I'm just annoyed when people talk about how much better the old days were. They weren't. Modern society is way better by a number of metrics; e.g., instead of reading shampoo bottles or the Listerine ingredients list, I can now watch whole movies while on the shitter. Would you really want to give that up?

User Tag List