Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA EDC

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Based purely on TLG's opinion of the P30 trigger I discounted it. Never gave any thought to the P2000. HK is running a deal on P30 mags right now, although I'm not sure that would be enough to sway me in that direction.
    I'd definitely give the entire HK line a try. TLG articulated his opinions better than most of us are capable of doing, but they're still just opinions. You may find that your experience--and your opinion--differ markedly from his. In the end, YOUR opinion matters more than anyone else's.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I have a P229 that I love. Tried the P224 and it was like kissing a midget. Cute looking but made me feel weird inside. P30SK also nice but the trigger requires concentration.

If I lost them both in an unfortunate smelting accident I would not hesitate to get the Beretta PX4 CC. Only reason I don't have one is that I carry a P320C more often than not and can't justify another DA/SA. I shot Dagga Boys and it is friggin SWEET! It seems similar in size to P30SK but shoots better.

Based purely on TLG's opinion of the P30 trigger I discounted it. Never gave any thought to the P2000. HK is running a deal on P30 mags right now, although I'm not sure that would be enough to sway me in that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't recall Todd saying anything negative about the P30 trigger, and I have heard him say the P30 was his single favorite handgun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My EDC has been an M9A1 Compact for quite a while, and I'm considering going PX4 Compact. Both have been really great guns for me. I had a P2000 for a while that was perfectly good too, but never carried it.

I'm not a real big fan of the classic SIG P-Series as a whole, but I do love the P239.

I haven't found that to be true...for me, and it definitely made an improvement of the V1 over the V2. Maybe someone on the forum in your area will chime in and let you try one. If you're ever in the northeast Louisiana area, you can shoot mine.
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I've become a big fan of the CZ PO7 after shooting one, in fact, I've got one at my FFL just waiting for me to get time to pick it up...and I'm a dedicated G19 guy. The sample I shot was OEM save for a little judicious trigger polishing by the owner and I cleared the plate rack faster than I'd done in my previous 5 runs with my G19. I've read of people who disliked the break point on their trigger installing a larger CGW pin and being quite happy with the results.

I'm going to have to get to the LGS and compare the weights of the PX4 and the P229. Those two are my first and second choice. I think the Sig would be more versatile but I am concerned about the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't recall Todd saying anything negative about the P30 trigger, and I have heard him say the P30 was his single favorite handgun.
    I thought I remember reading in His long term test gun reports that he didn't care for the DA/SA trigger of the P30.

I rotate between my P229 and G19 periodically, just depends what I feel like carrying. I suspect my support thumb rubbing the decocker may be somewhat to blame in returning to E2 grips after selling my Hogue Aluminums. I plan to get some Hogue Extreme G10s sometime soon, the E2s seem to be losing their texture and are too slim.

I've mulled over ditching my current P229 to acquire a P229C, which is just a marriage of the P229 & P224. Might be something to check out, but finding a holster may be somewhat of a PITA.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 07-12-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I thought I remember reading in His long term test gun reports that he didn't care for the DA/SA trigger of the P30.

He didn't that's why he ran a modified LEM also known as the LEM "Todd Green Special" which has the standard V2 TRS installed on an otherwise standard light (V1) LEM.

User Tag List