Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA EDC

In the same boat with switching to DA/SA. I have ordered a CZ P01 that is currently being built by Cajun Gun Works with their pro package. In the meantime I've picked up the P07 that will double as my backup and training gun. I've had P01's in the past but am really liking the P07 so far as well.

Very good points on lights. Thank you all for poking holes in my thought process. I was of the mindset that positive ID required a light no matter what.

I also never considered the use of a light could cause issues with decision making and actually running the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have been looking for the Glock 19 sized DA/SA for some time now. Here is my opinion as a high drag/low speed civi.

I have a P2000 V3. I struggle with the trigger. I know it is "good enough" but it is hard to choose the P2000 when the 229 is right next to it and shoots better for me.

I have a P07 and I like it a lot. I shoot it close to as well as my 229 but the slide release hammers the first joint on my off hand to the point that my thumb goes numb.

My 229 is easily my most carried DA/SA. I bounce back and forth every few months between the G19 and the 229. My biggest complain is the grips. The E2 grips eat my work shirts. The original so grips for the 229 bother my strong hand thumb. I need to buy a set of hogue extremes. They seem to be the closest to the Legion grips that seem to work with for me based on my dad's example.
    Last edited by wmu12071; 07-12-2017 at 09:20 AM.

I've read excellent things about the Cajunized CZ pistols; I've never shot a polymer framed CZ but as a huge fan of DA/SA pistols in general, I might end up with a Cajunized P07 or two in the future to compliment my Shadow 2.
    Shoot more, post less...

Maybe it was the PX4s that I handled, but I felt it was the same size as my P229 & P30; I found the PX4 CC to be similar sized to a P2000SK or P224. Granted, it was only once and they were a friend's guns so maybe my memory is mistaken.

For what you're looking for, the P229 would fit the bill. Maybe trying reduced P224/Legion controls would help reduce the unintentional decock risk. I also found that with my P229/P226 guns, when I switched to the E2 grip it pushed my primary grip hand further down the pistol, so when my grip mated together it never impacted the controls at all. With my current G10 grips, I have occasionally hit the decocker on my P226, so I'm familiar with the issue you're having. I have Mechanix Gloves sized small hands.

I'd look at the P2000 before the P30 if you want a delivered-from-the-factory pistol that you won't have controls interface issues with. When I shot the P30 primarily, I was always hitting the slide release accidentally.

I've never shot or handled any of the new CZ pistols, my only CZ experience is with a surplus CZ75B.

I am a pretty big fan of SIG P Series pistols, especially the Legion guns. I don't buy into the whole Legion marketing thing, the coins, the holsters, etc. But, what I do think is that the Legion puts out a better product for what I consider necessary in a street gun. Almost to the point that the only thing I have observed that a Legion needed to make it hyper usable was a quick polish of the mainspring strut and the installation of a 17 pound mainspring.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of choices out there and you'll be hard pressed to go wrong with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I have a P2000 V3. I struggle with the trigger. I know it is "good enough" but it is hard to choose the P2000 when the 229 is right next to it and shoots better for me.
    I had a similar experience with the V3.....went to the LEM V2 and had the V1 springs installed. It's an excellent carry trigger, and I have the same setup in 9 and 40.

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Hey BigSlim, if you are interested, you can try out any one of my SIG pistols if you'd like. I have the MK25 and Legion in the P226. I also have the P229 if you are married to the size of the G19. Let me know, you know how to reach me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I had a similar experience with the V3.....went to the LEM V2 and had the V1 springs installed. It's an excellent carry trigger, and I have the same setup in 9 and 40.

George
    So you have better luck with the LEM? I have heard a lot of reports that the LEM is way harder to shoot well.

I like my P229 Legion but the weight is more noticeable over my G19/PX4C/P30. Shoots fine and I haven't had any issues with Sig's QC. The finish on both my 226 and 229 Legion leaves much to be desired...if you like "battle worn" finishes and want to look Operator, then pick up a Legion and a kydex holster. You'll be halfway to that look after the first range trip. The Sig "P" series in general are my third favorite DA/SA guns. First place out of the DA/SA guns I own and shoot is the PX4 series, next is the B92 series, followed by the Sig P guns.

The P2000 was just "meh" to me. I got mine on sale, but I honestly can't find any reason why they command the prices they do. Not impressed and hence why I sold both of mine. I spent about a year and a half searching for my ideal "G19 sized DA/SA." Spent a LOT of money in guns and support gear and thankfully I've finally narrowed it down. If HK would improve the triggers (smooth out the DA pull and have a shorter reset) then those would move up in my eyes. The P30 is no doubt a bombproof & reliable handgun, but I think for its size it should have 17/18 round magazines standard. I've got a USP Match hammer spring in my P30 and it pulls right at 10 pounds in DA and the trigger stacks noticeably in the last 1/3 of trigger travel. If I keep it I'll be sending it off for a full trigger job but I might end up letting it go to put the money towards ~4,000 rounds of ammo...ALL of my Berettas and Sig's have DA pulls in the 7-8# range. My "worst" gun has an 8# 12oz. DA and that one will be getting a trigger job shortly.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 07-12-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List