Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: DA/SA EDC

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    I just have to say... "about Glock 19 size" means something different to different people.

Size-wise, those who feel a G19 is on the big size... feel one way. I, on the other hand, feel quite differently.

I actually prefer something just a hair bigger in the grip length department and *considerably* different (longer) in the slide length department.

G19 grip length (plus a hair or two), G17+ slide length is closer to ideal than anything I have yet to see roll off the production lines... am I alone?

I just wonder why we have yet to see anything like this from the mfgs.
    I'm right there with you. When I was running P series cz's, I found myself wishing for an in between size...just slightly longer grip than the p07 but with the p09 slide length...like if they had made the p09 a 17 round gun instead of the 19 rounder, with corresponding grip length. That would be near perfection for me, as I liked nearly every other aspect of the p series. A beretta 92 is fairly close in grip to slide ratio (a bit too long in the slide for my preference actually) but I have other qualms with it. A chopped 17 is about as close as I get. That being said, I just carry a 19 currently and soldier on.

I have a few DA/SA pistols I carry. A PPK, PPK/S, Beretta PX4 Storm Compact, and a Tristar T100 stamped "Canik 55" on the frame. They've all been bumped out of rotation by the T100. I live 10 minutes from a range, and have put several hundred rounds of different ammo though the pistol with one single problem. It's larger than the rest, but weighs the same as the Beretta, and its build quality seems spectacular. I'm completely anal about things like this, and even with a loupe the pistol looks great...lol! I carry it in a Little Foxx IWB holster at between 3:00-4:00, and don't even know it's there. Name:  IMG_2326.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  39.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FrankB; 07-18-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I have a few DA/SA pistols I carry. A PPK, PPK/S, Beretta PX4 Storm Compact, and a Tristar T100 stamped "Canik 55" on the frame. They've all been bumped out of rotation by the T100. I live 10 minutes from a range, and have put several hundred rounds of different ammo though the pistol with one single problem. It's larger than the rest, but weighs the same as the Beretta, and its build quality seems spectacular. I'm completely anal about things like this, and even with a loupe the pistol looks great...lol! I carry it in a Little Foxx IWB holster at between 3:00-4:00, and don't even know it's there. Name:  IMG_2326.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  39.6 KB

That's a nice looking gun. Speaking of Canik, I keep hearing good/great things about them. I even had an employee from my local gun shop tell me I should get a Canik instead of a P320 (not sure if he gets more commission or what, but still found it interesting he recommended Canik over Sig)....will have to try them out soon.
    Last edited by Jalez; 07-18-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalez View Post
    That's a nice looking gun. Speaking of Canik, I keep hearing good/great things about them. I even had an employee from my local gun shop tell me I should get a Canik instead of a P320 (not sure if he gets more commission or what, but still found it interesting he recommended Canik over Sig)....will have to try them out soon.
    I bought the Canik not long after my PX4 Storm, and the PX4 hasn't seen the light of day since. The Canik fits like a glove, has a shorter pull, and is thin enough that I simply can't feel it inside my waistband. The PX4 and Canik are equally accurate in my hands, but the Beretta has better stock sights. I put Truglo TFO's on the Canik, but I could do without the fiber optic rear sight.

Have you looked at the H&K P2000? It's a remarkably nice little pistol. I have the "Todd Green" spring setup and I adore the little gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Have you looked at the H&K P2000? It's a remarkably nice little pistol. I have the "Todd Green" spring setup and I adore the little gun.

No I haven't, I ended up with a PX4CC and will be working with that.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bigslim View Post
    Target ID. Shooting a pistol well is difficult enough and if I have to choose between shooting freestyle with illumination on the gun or one handed with a light in the other, I like option 1.

Disregard
    Last edited by Buckshot; 07-27-2017 at 06:18 PM.

User Tag List