Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA EDC

Just to reply to the OP, here is a PX4 Compact with a Streamlight TRL-3 mounted, it fit straight away with the "A" Key that the TRL-3 comes with out of the box. Ive put about 400 rounds through it and it hasn't budged. Solid light imo, however I don't know how I would feel carrying it in a holster, so its now officially on Nightstand duty.
    Name:  20170716_184810.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  79.4 KBName:  20170716_184810.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  79.4 KB
    Last edited by Jalez; 07-16-2017 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    The PX4 compact is super easy to decock left handed. I have little experience with Sigs, but find the Beretta system superior. Not enough time on the HK behind the slide thing to comment but it seems ambi enough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDv2aEHnRWg
    Thanks E, that looks pretty easy, thanks. I'll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    I believe he is talking about thumbing the hammer during holstering. Where his VP is strker fired.. having no hammer to thumb.
    Correct.

Thanks @Jalez Certainly a possibility for a night stand gun.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    What do you mean by "losing the hammer on my P30SK LEM?"
    Basically, my VP9 is a fully tensioned SFA pistol with 1/4" travel which I am wearing AIWB.

Carrying my P30SK, I got a hammer to thumb that was not on the VP9. When I moved away from the P30SK, I lost that feature. (Weirdly, I still thumb the rear of the VP9 holstering lol.)

Given the limited (imho) mag capacity of the P30SK, and fumbling reloads, though, I came out of my class looking for a better option than the VP9: hammer fired (or SCD), self- or manual decocker, and a full size grip (for my hands that's a minimum of a 13 round USPc/P2000 mag).

Hence my short list of TDA guns, and hence my question on decockers. I especially appreciate @Enel's post, that was pretty helpful.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks E, that looks pretty easy, thanks. I'll look into that.
    Here is Left Handed Decocking a Sig 226 Legion. Not as easy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zRIjl1lMKIw

I actually can't really reach the decocker with my right thumb and use my left thumb typically as a right handed.

Sorry about video orientation. I have no idea how to fix that.

I've shot both, and between the two, I would buy the CZ P07. The CZ is lighter, has a better/lighter SA trigger and the controls are up out of the way. That being said, I didn't actually buy the CZ. I already had a Sig P250 which has a BETTER DA pull than the Sig P229 and a better grip. I felt the CZ SA trigger was TOO light for concealed carry. I went with the 92FS Beretta. I had to upgrade the trigger spring and put in a steel trigger, but that cost me less than $100 and now I am very happy with the big Beretta. Of course, to handle a WML you would want the M9 with rail. That is a LOT of weight to carry! Enjoy the journey.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  49.3 KB
    Last edited by CommanderCrusty; 07-16-2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Added photo

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderCrusty View Post
    I've shot both, and between the two, I would buy the CZ P07. The CZ is lighter, has a better/lighter SA trigger and the controls are up out of the way. That being said, I didn't actually buy the CZ. I already had a Sig P250 which has a BETTER DA pull than the Sig P229 and a better grip. I felt the CZ SA trigger was TOO light for concealed carry. I went with the 92FS Beretta. I had to upgrade the trigger spring and put in a steel trigger, but that cost me less than $100 and now I am very happy with the big Beretta. Of course, to handle a WML you would want the M9 with rail. That is a LOT of weight to carry! Enjoy the journey.
    There's always a compromise isn't there. Trigger systems, size, weight, after marker support. Seems as though the PX4 has a lot going for it. Not everything I would like to have but more pluses than minuses in my eyes. Mine should be in on Tuesday and I'll get a first impression and start on the 2k challenge. This could be the start of a love affaire with an Italian. I think her name will be Claudia.

Mike

I have had a p07 and a px4cc. The p07 was stock. My px4cc has a 12# hammer and obvious factory mods. I shoot the px4cc better. It conceals better and feels more comfortable in hand. If I had a cgw p07 with a stipple job it would have made my choice a lot harder. I am amazed at how well the p07 shoots out of the box. For the price it is amazing. I think stock for stock I would say cz. But with the g mod and the package of the px4cc it wins. Even if they were equally modded. But that is no knock at all towards the cz. And obviously my opinion since I have no real trigger time behind a cgw build. If you are thinking about a fairly stock sub 500$ pistol in da/sa I think you are a fool to pass on a p07.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    If you are thinking about a fairly stock sub 500$ pistol in da/sa I think you are a fool to pass on a p07.
    Does anything ever stay stock? G19 with HD's and an X300U and I was in for $900 or so right off the rip, not to mention the stipple job I did myself. For a touch less I'm getting into a system that I feel has more to offer. Granted I will change out the hammer and hammer spring but that is still less than I put into my first setup. Mags and holsters are a given no matter what system you get into so those are shared costs.

Mike

User Tag List