Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anatomy of a conwoman: Elizabeth Holmes and the startup company Theranos

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Indicted.

Holmes, 34 years old, and Balwani, 53, were each charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and nine counts of wire fraud in an indictment handed up Thursday and unsealed Friday. If convicted, they each face a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of $250,000, plus restitution to those found to have been defrauded, on each count.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/16...h-balwani.html

As great as this ^^^^ is, I cannot believe she hasn't been charged with something worse - like murder. When I first heard about this, one of the first things I thought of was that she just had to have caused the deaths of people with her bogus analyses. Has anyone seen any cases where this has occurred?

If you think this chick is bad, wait until reality catches up with Musk.

Then again, I suppose that we should hope that reality catches up to him before he decides to run for President...
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Then again, I suppose that we should hope that reality catches up to him before he decides to run for President...
    Methinks the SEC investigation of Tesla will conclude long before then.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Just saw this on the flight to Alaska: The Inventor: Out for Blood.

Great hoogly moogly- this chick has issues.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I had to search, because I knew we had a thread on this crazy ass chick.

She was convicted on 4 of 11 counts today.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/03/tech/...ict/index.html

She got knocked up just before the trial. Many, myself included, viewed that as a ploy to gain sympathy from the jury.

Will she flee the country now?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I had to search, because I knew we had a thread on this crazy ass chick.

She was convicted on 4 of 11 counts today.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/03/tech/...ict/index.html

She got knocked up just before the trial. Many, myself included, viewed that as a ploy to gain sympathy from the jury.

Will she flee the country now?
    They took her passport. Unlike that Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn, she doesn't have the cash, former SAS commando on hand and no native country like Lebanon to escape too. Even though she was only convicted on 4 of 11 charges, she is up for 20 years. I hope they don't put her in FCI Phoenix. That would besmirch such a fine facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Could you expand on this?

Site Supporter

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Unlike that Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn, she doesn't have the […] former SAS commando on hand
    Former US Army Special Forces (and son)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Anyone else find her kind of strangely hot?
    I understand where you're coming from based on that pic. I've learned the hard way someone can be beautiful on the outside and very, very ugly on the inside.

And vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    They took her passport. Unlike that Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn, she doesn't have the cash, former SAS commando on hand and no native country like Lebanon to escape too. Even though she was only convicted on 4 of 11 charges, she is up for 20 years. I hope they don't put her in FCI Phoenix. That would besmirch such a fine facility.
    I'm reliably informed that she's considering taking a position at CNN as Chief Medical Advisor, teamed up with Jeffrey Toobin. They are working on a new show to be called Exposed: Stories in the real life treatment of male ED.

/sarc

User Tag List